5 week Indication

Options
Hi Guys,

Really simple one. When you check out at the end of the day MFP gives you the "if every day was like this you'd reach xxx in 5 weeks".

Has anyone met that? How accurate do we believe it be?

Cheers,

RN

Replies

• cricket_77
    cricket_77 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Mine has never been accurate.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    not me...because my weekends do me in...or they have lately.

It has come to true occasionally but that was early in before I started lifting.
  • Greywalk
    Greywalk Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Accurate no...it is a source of amusement.
  • ttknowles01
    ttknowles01 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I've never hit that mark...ever lol
  • xRay85Rayx
    xRay85Rayx Posts: 369
    Options
    Never since I don't eat the same foods everyday. It did provide hope starting out though, lol.
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    No because every day it's something different. In the past week it's been anywhere from 6lbs less then what I am now to 10 lbs more then what I am now. (The 10lbs more was a bad food choice day and no opportunity to work out)
  • ChristinWrites
    ChristinWrites Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Nope, it hasn't been accurate for me so far.
  • daviddjhonna
    Options
    Not once. But then the weekends are always my cheat days. It usually says 2-3 pounds less than I am now on weekends and about 10 pounds less on weekdays. So, NOPE! Its never quite acurate. But atleast it always has me loosing weight and not gaining.
  • AllieMarie2244
    AllieMarie2244 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    if mine is correct then... I need to lose about 24lbs by May 6th
    I don't even want to try and starve that much lol
    so no i guess not
    but it was nice to see the first few times logging in like oooo a goal to strive towards!
  • funfang
    funfang Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    It's just an estimate, my goes up and down depends on what I eat on that day. I feel it's there to encourage me that I might reach my goal if I keep it up.

61180394.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Alex_murphyy
    Alex_murphyy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    No... Mine hasnt. But here is my thought process... That only looks at your calorie deficit. And yes, you can have a deficit and loose but if you just eat 1200 (or whatever your calorie amount is) in just pure crap, its not going to come off as much as someone who eats a clean diet with high protein and low carb. So that is my theory....
  • LuckyLil12Linda
    LuckyLil12Linda Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yesterday mine was, 7 lbs in the five. Possible at the rate, I'm going. I use it as encouragement.
  • euronorris
    euronorris Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Never! As with everyone else, each day fluctuates, so the estimation goes up and down like a yo yo.

Saturday is currently my big training day, so on Saturday's it estimates that I will lose something like 18lbs in 5 weeks!!!! Sunday's I rest, and tend to eat a little over my target, so then it estimates just a 2lb loss in 5 weeks! lol