Just Saying HI

loangel84
loangel84 Posts: 2
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
I just wanted to say hi to everyone and look forward to sharing support. I have to be honest I have a really hard time getting motivated but once I'm set in a schedule I do a good job keeping at it. Let me know of any tips that might help me get there a little sooner. I'm ready to start losing weight.:bigsmile:

Replies

• I just wanted to say hi to everyone and look forward to sharing support. I have to be honest I have a really hard time getting motivated but once I'm set in a schedule I do a good job keeping at it. Let me know of any tips that might help me get there a little sooner. I'm ready to start losing weight.:bigsmile:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • mknipp
    mknipp Posts: 106
    You've come to the right place! MyFitnessPal (MFP) is my best friend right now. I've lost 13 pounds since July 1, with only 20 to go!

My best advice: Before you eat it, record it to see how many cals or carbs you have left. This has been my best motivation. I chew Green Tea Gum and drink lots of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea (hot or cold). If I drink a glass of tea or water before I eat, sometimes I don't want to eat! At dinner time, if I have only a few cals left, I make my meal a salad which always takes my appetite. Also, brushing after every meal or snack is a good way to keep from feeling hungry when it isn't time to feel hungry. And I eat at least one Lean Cuisine meal a day, usually at lunch. Sometimes I have enough cals left over to have a 50-cal Skinny Cow chocolate ice cream bar!

Taking a walk usually takes my appetite for a walk as well. I like listening to music as I walk, even walking to the beat at times. Exercise is a great motivator. I weigh myself every morning (even though they advise us not to because it can be discouraging) and put my weight on my notebook at the very top. If I've lost, I'm motivated to cut down on the snacks. If I haven't lost, I'm motivated to cut down on the snacks. Does that make sense? Somehow it works!

You can do it! We can help!

Marti
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    :smile: Welcome. I'm with mknipp, I usually log my food for the next day the night before. I usually eat the same thing for breakfast, log my dinner so I know where I'm at for lunch. Don't forget to log your exercise. That's a huge motivator as they want you to eat your exercise calories. Good luck...and you'll find plenty of support here.
This discussion has been closed.