five guys weakness

Options
vickersja burned 633 calories doing 45 minutes of "Arc trainer"
a few seconds ago

Maybe this will help offset my five guys lunch today....... I am weak.....

Is there a healthy alternative to fries?

Replies

• nmunson4
    nmunson4 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Baked sweet potato fries! Yum!
  • CarterGrt
    CarterGrt Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Five guys fries are great tasting, but almost a days worth of calories. Sweeet potato fries are better, but still high. I have pretty much given up fries and go for some kind of mixed veggie side. Not as exciting, but I have decided that fries aren't worth the calories.

Good luck and if you find a healthy fry, please let me know!!!

--Carter
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    MMMMM. 5 Guys! I got a $20 gift card for them over the holiday. I am going to have it in 3 months. After I finish Turbo Fire. Today is day 3.

I love their grilled cheese too!
  • vickersja
    Options
    Yeah. I like the veggie without cheese. It's the fries that get me.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Five Guys is delicious, but I just try to avoid it altogether because the burgers and the fries are way too calorie rich. I get too tempted...
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I've been once (that was because my picky 8 y/o daughter smelled it and said, "Mommy, we have to eat THERE!") I had the smaller burger and counted out ten fries to eat. I did extra cardio that day and ate raw veggies and drank water as much as I could the rest of the day. I was under my calories for the day. The food was really good and I didn't feel deprived. I've learned that I have to tackle restaurants that way or I will give up.

Hope this helps!