Not losing *HELP*

Options
Hi! I am in need of advice!!! I started eating healthier and low cal (about 1200 cals) March 22nd and so far I have lost 8 lbs. But the last 2 weeks I have stayed at 140, but durring those 2 weeks I did weigh in at 138 (I weigh everyday aaggghhhh) but then went back to 140. I walk a min of 60min a day fast paced, and i bike ride 2-3 days a week for about 45-60 min. I've been working with 10 lb weights every day too. Please help!!!! You can look at my diary too, I havnt filled it out since last thursday though, but I eat about the same every day.

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    well weight loss is not linear and not losing over 2 weeks is normal esp for women.

weighing everyday is not a good idea...

not logging is a recipe for not losing...unless you have a photographic memory there is no way to really keep track without logging.

If you don't weigh food you are probably eating more than you think...
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Use a food scale, log everything and have patience... and probably eat more..
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    I'd personally give it a few more weeks before making a change.

IF ANYTHING, I might try (1) tracking food more exact (using a digital scale) and increasing my calorie goal a little. You're not far from your goal weight. Losing 2 lbs per week is too aggressive of goal for you. So (2) changing your calorie goal to "lose 0.5 lbs per week." You'll lose weight at a more steady rate, and also have more energy for your workouts.

Just my 2 cents, though.
  • taranbatt
    taranbatt Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I only get online at work that's why my entries are few. I do however keep count in a journal everyday along with when I log onto MFP. Trying to stick with it and not get discouraged :)
  • NichelleHall
    NichelleHall Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    With the amount of exercise that you are doing, it's quite possible that you're getting leaner and it's just not showing on the scale. Perhaps you could do a body fat analysis to accurately track your progress?
  • dannycarmack
    Options
    Try sticking with it, not changing a thing and see how your body responds. Don't stress at all, because stress changes your body chemistry. Read this article...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/the-microbes-in-your-gut-may-be-making-you-fat-or-keeping-you-thin/2013/12/06/6f186da2-488b-11e3-a196-3544a03c2351_story.html
  • dannycarmack
    Options
    Sorry, also read my blog on my recent successful 21 day sugar detox. http://dcarmack.wordpress.com
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Sorry, also read my blog on my recent successful 21 day sugar detox. http://dcarmack.wordpress.com

no just no
  • perry4co
    perry4co Posts: 2
    Options
    Occasionally, we plateau while losing weight. For a few weeks it seems like we're making no progress. Actually, you probably are, but the scale does not see it. My guess is that you are losing fat grams as fast as you are gaining muscle grams. If you took starting measurements (waist, thighs, etc.), measure yourself now. You should see those measurements slowly decreasing. The tape measure will show progress because muscle is more dense than fat.

If that's the case, rejoice! Your basal metabolism will actually increase, because muscle requires more calories to maintain than fat does. That means your burning more calories 24 hours a day, and that is great news!

If after a few weeks, you're still "stuck", try increasing your calorie intake to the level needed to maintain your current weight. Do that for a few days, then shock the body by throwing in a low calorie day. Nothing crazy, a few hundred calories lower. Repeat this pattern: two days high (maintenance level), one low. That should do the trick.

Don't lose heart and keep up the good work. Be proud of yourself - you've earned it.
  • aarnwine2013
    aarnwine2013 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I have a few days here and there where I will not lose anything and then, bam 2 lbs down. I stopped weighing everyday and only weigh every few days. It just drove me crazy to weigh everyday. I've learned you may be losing and it doesn't show on the scale.

My advice is to keep doing the things your doing and give your body time to do it's thing.