Hello! 200+ to lose. First step.

Options
amwbox
amwbox Posts: 576 Member
I'm a 30 year old engineer from Oregon, who enjoys cooking way too much it would seem. Have to lose somewhere north of 200lbs I think, and I'm looking for a like minded sort of atmosphere where I can get into a routine of posting about it and holding myself accountable. This could be that place.

Going to go about it at first with basic caloric restriction, then start building up the cardio as weight loss allows for it. Also plan to experiment with intermittent restriction. You know, the eating every other day, or restricting 4 days on, 3 days off...something to prevent metabolism from getting into a rut. Will try various things over time to compare results. Plan on carefully journaling the process and taking weekly photos for an eventual progression video.

Browsing around the boards here there seems to be an excellent and positive community. Very nice.

Anyways, this is day one. Nice to see everyone. :D

Edit: Oh. Also using Diebet. Might as well make a little extra money doing this. Alternatively, the risk of losing money is pretty much the best motivation there is!

Replies

• just_jess7
    just_jess7 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and good luck in your journey! I hope you find something that works for you and that you can sustain in in the long run :-)
  • fran11mat
    fran11mat Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi. Sounds like a plan. Good luck and embrace that cardio exercise as early as you can, it will increase your results and make you feel good as well.
  • heatherutopia
    heatherutopia Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Good luck! You can do it :):):) Just think how glad you will be in a years time to know that you started today and all the achievements that come with it. Feel free to add me if you need support :D

:D
  • pwrdbytrd
    Options
    Good luck! Friend request inbound.
  • srmchan
    srmchan Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'm a 30 year old engineer from Oregon, who enjoys cooking way too much it would seem. Have to lose somewhere north of 200lbs I think, and I'm looking for a like minded sort of atmosphere where I can get into a routine of posting about it and holding myself accountable. This could be that place.

Going to go about it at first with basic caloric restriction, then start building up the cardio as weight loss allows for it. Also plan to experiment with intermittent restriction. You know, the eating every other day, or restricting 4 days on, 3 days off...something to prevent metabolism from getting into a rut. Will try various things over time to compare results. Plan on carefully journaling the process and taking weekly photos for an eventual progression video.

I'm an engineer as well, though I have a few more miles on the odometer than you. :-) My job is fairly sedentary -which didn't help- and the problems were magnified during the dot com boom of the late 90's when my employer starting offering free snacks and sodas. Now, I work at home so I'm more inclined to eat what I have in the kitchen vs running to a fast food joint with my colleagues. That's a good thing.

Sending you a friend request.