Alittle help if possible

Options
Hey everyone I'm new to this site but have been doing a calorie controlled diet for the past 5 months trying to lose weight for my dress fitting for my wedding. I was previously on food focus which is much the same but swapped to MFP as my mother recommended it.

I originally set out to lose 1lb a month so I was eating 1700 calories a day as recommended by the site and no weight change so I dropped it to 1500 a day hoping it would make a difference but it never still no weight change so currently im eating around 1200-1300 a day and praying the weight moves as its only 7 weeks until my dress fitting.

I exercise regularly including kickboxing and running and I have dogs so Im out walking regularly I just don't understand how I haven't lost anything? I wouldn't class myself as fat I just want to lose a little so I feel good in my wedding dress and im 5'8 and 143lbs at the moment. Was hoping to get down to between 136-140.

Any tips?

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    do you use a food scale to weigh your food?
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"8 and weigh 135. The closer you are to goal, sometimes it gets harder to lose.
    Are you weighing and measuring everything?? You must!!! So if you aren't, go buy a food scale and start.
  • luckypony71
    luckypony71 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"8 and weigh 135. The closer you are to goal, sometimes it gets harder to lose.
    Are you weighing and measuring everything?? You must!!! So if you aren't, go buy a food scale and start.

This is what helped me the most.
  • Dozrzz
    Dozrzz Posts: 245
    Options
    Have you taken your body measurements? Often people can not lose any weight on the scale but still drop inches! And dropping inches is really what you're looking for when you try on your wedding dress!

Congrats on the wedding by the way! :-)
  • carriedoyle88
    Options
    I have food scales and I do measure all my food.

I have stopped weighing my self weekly and now do it fortnightly hoping something comes off but I was considering getting a really good set that tells you water mass and muscle mass etc so at least if anything I will know if I have lost fat and or gained muscle?

I will give measuring a try :-) will just need to make sure I do it in the same place each time.

I understand losing size and still being the same weight because muscle mass but its been 5 months surely because ive dropped my calories twice I should be losing some weight?
  • carriedoyle88
    Options
    Thanks Dozrzz :-)
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Patience Patience.. at 5'8 you should be able to eat 1600-1700 calories.. you need to use a food scale (as you mentioned) on everything.. cut out the cheat days (Until you get your #'s in check) and eat atleast 120g of protein..

Every time you change, your body needs to adjust..

And currently with 7 weeks and your height/weight.. where you are now, is probably where your gonna be.
  • carriedoyle88
    Options
    :-( well aslong as im more fit or tough mudder is gonna be a mission the week after my dress fitting haha!

I will go with the measuring and see if I lose inches even if I get down to 10 stone in 7 weeks will be chuffed at least I know I can maintain a weight lol !

Thanks for all the help everyone :-)