What's the best SMALL change you've made?

Options

Replies

• achagrius
    achagrius Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have 3:
    1. Parking further away
    2. Always taking the stairs

I've made same 2 changes :) I park as far as possible at work and stopped using the elevator even if I have to climb 4 floors.
  • judyamk
    judyamk Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    every times I got up to go to the bathroom in the night no matter what time it was. I always ate even if it was 2 to 3 times with a doubt I stopped last Thursday . I lost 3 pounds!!!!
    Judy
  • luca15306
    luca15306 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    cut out wheat...
    weigh all food
  • ritabrienfit
    ritabrienfit Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    For me, it's been eating breakfast. I'm not as hungry later in the day and don't even feel tempted to overdo it at dinner when I eat breakfast.
  • kmajaVCU
    kmajaVCU Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Eating 5 small meals a day and eating them at the right times.
  • eattilldie
    eattilldie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i have reduced my bread to 50%.soda is reduced to 10%.
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Small changes:
    Switching chocolate snacks for banana & yoghurt or fruit or another low-calorie alternative. Chocolate is now a treat.
    Cutting out tasteless calories e.g. rice, bread.
    Swapping potato for sweet potato (this is more for flavour than anything but I no longer crave normal chips the way I used to)
    Focusing on proteins not carbs to satisfy my hunger. Not managing a very high percentage of my diet as protein, but my blood sugar is much easier to control and I don't get cravings as much.

Big changes:
    EXERCISE!
  • atfirstblush
    atfirstblush Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Nothing to eat after dinner and in between meals. I was eating about 500 extra calories a day by snacking between meals every day.
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    One change I made last year and have stuck with it is cutting out soda completely and most other drinks as well. I drink water and coffee, occasionally I may drink tea.
  • glenelliott5872
    glenelliott5872 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    downloading the MFP app....obviously :)
  • povic1705
    povic1705 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of water, more than 2 liters
    I dont eat some bread
    i dont eat after 20:00 every day
    i go to walk after dinner every day.

PS Im sorry for my English, im from Russia.
    I would be glad to communicate in English
  • ACoBildo
    ACoBildo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Cutting out fried straches (french fries, tater tots, etc.). I liked them (never loved), but always polished them off just because they came with my meal. No point wasting hard earned calories on something you dont love.
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    The stairs. I do my best to avoid elevators and escalators if possible. I'm still winded - but feel a sense of accomplishment (and a bit of superiority), especially when most everyone else is standing on the escalator.
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    When I first started out losing weight pre-MFP, cutting way down on Starbucks lattes and mochas was my biggest "little" change too.

My best small change more recently, though, is eating a little more at lunchtime and usually including something sweet. Before I was eating around 300 cal for lunch and "saving" like 700+ cal for dinner and I found myself craving sweets in the afternoon and feeling dizzy and hungry by 5 when leaving work and 'hangry' if I couldn't eat by 6 for sure. Now I usually eat a lunch that's around 400-500 and often ends with a square of dark chocolate and I feel great until 6 pm and can wait even longer for dinner when necessary without feeling foggy and irritated.

I've noticed that loading my calories earlier in the day works well for me. I eat a couple of small breakfasts and a bigger lunch and a small dinner - when I do that, I'm successful.

Thanks everyone for these posts - I'm remembering what has worked for me in the past and am getting some great new ideas.
  • EllenTebbits
    EllenTebbits Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    This is a great thread. For me it was eliminating all processed food and sugar and switching from coffee to tea.
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Committing to the first 15 minutes of exercise no matter what. If I want to quit after that, then fine, but 95% of the time I just stick with it after I've started. I can't even count how many workouts I've saved by doing this.
  • gulfcoastnik
    gulfcoastnik Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Logging my food and water daily
    Exercise 3-4 times a week
    Fitbit has helped me tremendously to see how sedentary was
    cooking 2-3 times a day
    I love making food taste really good for a minimal amount of calories. I make a soup for lunches once a week and its full of veggies and protein and it taste really good. Each week I add something a little different, but it is a staple in the fridge now so the search for lunch will not produce a bad choice.
    I give myself permission to have my "things" I want in moderation a few times a week when I REALLY want it.
    Understanding what I am doing to make a lifestyle change, not trying to "diet" to lose this weight.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Committing to the first 15 minutes of exercise no matter what. If I want to quit after that, then fine, but 95% of the time I just stick with it after I've started. I can't even count how many workouts I've saved by doing this.

That is a good change, and one I've not heard. I can see how that could be very helpful. I may steal that one.
  • CSWalker1234
    CSWalker1234 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Haven't had a soda in 50 days since I started My Fitness Pal.I was hooked on Diet Coke.
  • lecia125
    lecia125 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    1. cut out diet soda
    2. started drinking lots of water
    3. stopped drinking coffee as I don't like it without the cream and sugar
    4. watching portion size and stopping when I am full
    5. if I eat it, I log It
    6. being more active
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!