Need a friend please

Options
hi,
I would love a friend who will message with me, will support me and let me support them. I would love to get to know someone a little personally so that we can be real friends in time.
If anyone is up for this, I would be very happy.

Replies

• petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I also came on here to look for some motivation and a friend to push me and keep my head in the game...I'm happy to get to know you if you feel the same!

My name is Tiffany, I am 30 years old and I am looking for lose 15kgs that I gained in the last 18 months...I really need some motivation to kick start....I used to be very active but I had some health problem 18 months ago and prevented me from working out...and then laziness kicked in and the rest was history...

So that's me in a nutshell! Hope I hear from you soon.

Tiffany
  • Isabelle_33
    Isabelle_33 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello,

It would be nice to support each other. I like your quote : ...If you can imagine it, you can create it. If you dream it, you can become it...
  • HollyMcCaw
    HollyMcCaw Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'd love to add you girls to my friends list for some support! My name is Holly, I am 25 years old and would like to lose about 20lbs.

Tiffany I know exactly where you are coming from, I was running and eating so well for months and months and I have never felt better in my life! Then mid summer I got sick and ended up in the hospital. I got home in late August and between then and now I've put on 25lbs! YUCK!

It would be great to have some ladies to message back and forth with, maybe even set a specific weigh-in day and check in with each other on it! Let me know!
  • petithamu
    Options
    Hi Holly! Totally know where you're coming from! I find it so disconcerting because I've never been this weight before and I'm feeling aches that I've never felt before and I really don't know what to do with this weight! I have a closet full of clothes that I've never had trouble getting into and for the first time in my adult life, I'm actually struggling...I think that makes it even harder because it's so hard for me to accept the person in the mirror staring back at me is me!

I've added you to my friendlist..I don't really use My fitness pal very much, is this like Facebook?

I'm up for a weighing day, that'll give me something to work towards...I need to lose about 30lbs to get back to my old self...

Should we say Sundays?

Just finished 20 minutes on this Dance Central thing on X Box 360 kinect...it is freaking hard! 21 minutes, 3 second = 123 kcals..
  • jmorgangms
    Options
    Okay, I am looking for a small group to be friends with and help support! I have two beautiful children, which also brought along about 25 extra pounds. I would LOVE to get back down to my pre-baby weight! My goal is 23 lbs. I just started this week, and I have lost a 1/2 lb so far....yippee. I am a teacher, and always busy, but I MUST make time for this! I love to do 'Just Dance' on Wii. I also coach my son's basketball team and we play basketball out in the driveway several times a week. We love to ride bikes. We stick the 3 year old on the back of my bike in the carrier and the rest of ride....it's just finding the time....and eating right! I LOVE sweets! LOVE LOVE LOVE sweets! Chocolate is my absolute best friend....and I must get rid of him!

I'm up for weighing...whatever day. Just let me know! I'm excited! Let's do this, ladies!
  • petithamu
    Options
    Is there a way we can start a 'group' where we just go in and post our weigh-ins?

I'm not really familiar with this, is this like Facebook where you can create a group?

Tiffany
  • pattyg02
    pattyg02 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Would love some extra support on my weightloss journey. Friend request me if you are interested.

Patty :flowerforyou:
  • HollyMcCaw
    Options
    I dont think there is a way to start a group. Ive seen people do the weigh-ins right on the forum, but then EVERYONE can see it and it can be kind of hard to keep track of. Maybe if we all add each other as friends then we can post our weigh ins on that part of it? Does anyone have any better ideas?
  • jmorgangms
    Options
    I'm not sure about that either. I think in reading some of the other posts, there is usually a group administrator that creates a spreadsheet and keeps up with that each week. Any takers? I am semi-familia with Microsoft Excel being a teacher....but if someone else would like to do it....please say so!
  • jmorgangms
    Options
    Holly, we must have been posting at the same time. I think we should definitely add each other as friends....then we can keep the weigh-ins private. We can still create a sheet so we can see our loss over time. Anybody else got any other ideas?
  • petithamu
    Options
    I liked the spreadsheet idea...maybe we should have a 'den mother' who 'kindly' reminds us on Sundays to weigh in? We then post the information on our profile status we can all see each other since we've now added each other as friends?

Just a thought...
  • jmorgangms
    Options
    Okay, how about on Sundays, I send out a reminder to weigh in and send me the numbers? I will then send out another message how everyone did that week. I will also keep up with a spread sheet of our progress just so we can see how we do over time. How does that sound to everyone?

Kwirky....this was your original idea....so what do you think?

If you are in, let me know and we will start weighing in this Sunday! Once everyone is in....we will make sure we have each other on our friends lists.

Do we want to set a certain amount of time for this? Or a certain weight loss goal?
  • HollyMcCaw
    Options
    Okay this sounds good! I'm excited! A little nervous about weighing in on a weekend, but it is also good because it will keep me from going overboard on Friday and Saturday nights!
  • petithamu
    Options
    That's great! I was just showing my boyfriend this...and he's excited cuz I'm excited!

Got my new bathroom scale arriving tomorrow so I will have a accurate start!

I don't know about you guys but my biggest problem has always been keeping it up. I don't want to give myself a deadline because I know myself when I've reached that deadline, I slip and the yo yo thing starts again..so if I really have to have a deadline, I'm giving myself 12 months, from 1 Jan 2011 to 1 Jan 2012...I'd love to continue this support group for as long as everyone is happy to be a part of...

If that's okay with everyone!

So so excited!! Bring on Sundays!
  • petithamu
    Options
    Thank you for taking on the task! I look forward to your weekly emails now.

If at anytime you find it too much to do, let us know so one of us can take over. Let's not let this drop like some other thread..I was a part of another thread before and the girl who started got me all excited then she just gave up and stopped doing everything! So we all stopped...I don't wanna stop! xx
  • geeky1
    geeky1 Posts: 142
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I have just woken up (I am from australia) and was absolutely flabbergasted at the response on this thread!
    I love what you have suggested and am happy to do this. I am also very happy to be the 'bookkeeper' as I am in IT so this is right up my alley.
    Please post in this thread how we should do this. We can set each other up in our personal emails so that we can go proper emails etc.
    I may be a step ahead of myself, but I am SO excited!!!
  • jmorgangms
    Options
    Great!! I will gladly let you keep up with the 'books.' I will go ahead and send out a reminder message to everyone on Sunday. They can send you their weight for the week. Then you can let us know how everyone did for the week! We can do personal emails or the messaging on the MFP site, either way! I am so excited about Sunday!
  • maurodim
    Options
    I would love to join this group.....will we start with this Sunday ! I am also doing the 360 minutes of exercise a week and find it a great incentive
  • pipergirl
    Options
    Do you have room for another friend in your support group? I joined MFP in early Nov. and did really well for a few weeks, but then I got busy, went away, Thanksgiving and then Christmas! Well I am sure you know that story... I need some encouragement from people who are going through the same things I am. I saw this post and decided to try something I have never done... share my issues and weight with others! :)

I am going on a week vacation with my husband and several other couples in mid Feb. (6 weeks from now). I would really like to lose more prior to that event.

I would be delighted to be your support and to receive support from you!
  • geeky1
    geeky1 Posts: 142
    Options
    Hello Pipergirl and oreodi.

Welcome to our impromptu group. As the group has now got a life of it's own, we will be starting to monitor each other from this week.

Lookiing forward to learning more about you and becoming friends :)