What's the best SMALL change you've made?

Options

Replies

• kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Portion Control. Being mindful of what and how much I eat and logging everything I eat.
  • CSWalker1234
    CSWalker1234 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Committing to the first 15 minutes of exercise no matter what. If I want to quit after that, then fine, but 95% of the time I just stick with it after I've started. I can't even count how many workouts I've saved by doing this.
  • CSWalker1234
    Options
    I love that way of thinking.I needed that.
  • rosehips60
    rosehips60 Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Committing to the first 15 minutes of exercise no matter what. If I want to quit after that, then fine, but 95% of the time I just stick with it after I've started. I can't even count how many workouts I've saved by doing this.

What a brilliant idea! I'm going to have to use that. Thanks!
  • rosehips60
    rosehips60 Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    My biggest small change is logging every bite that goes in my mouth, no matter what. This has helped more than I would have thought possible. Next best change is water, water,Water!
  • skeo
    skeo Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Cutting my venti Starbucks Java Chip frappucino from 4x's a week to once every two weeks as a little pick me up. So ultimately cutting down on my sugar consumption. :bigsmile:
  • HermioneDanger118
    HermioneDanger118 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I drink a homemade smoothie almost every day. I use 1/2 c. nonfat plain yogurt, 1/2 cup wild frozen blueberries, 1/2 c. frozen raspberries, and 1/2 c. Trop50 Blueberry/pomegranate juice.

My skin is better, I feel better, and it helps me to include fruit in my diet.

Noted. My skin is terrible.
  • CSWalker1234
    Options
    A few things others have mentioned.

1. for me, this was HUGE!!! Gave up diet soda (all sodas). But I drank diet coke a LOT, had to have it to get going in the morning, then mid morning, then lunch, then mid afternoon, etc... January 2012 I cut it cold turkey - BEST decision!

2. eating more often - spreading my calories out throughout the day. Having healthy snacks mid morning & mid afternoon. This has helped me tremendously!

3. recording my food and exercise - kept me accountable to myself. I also learned about food and how to substitute. I was SHOCKED to learn about the nutritional value of the foods I WAS eating!
  • CSWalker1234
    Options
    Im a diet coke junkie myself.I haven't had one in 50 days so Im trying to break free.I like your tips.
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Tracking what I eat accurately and being more consistent with my workouts.
  • Kargicq
    Kargicq Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Great tips! Just another vote for "more water."
  • becky10rp
    becky10rp Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Two changes - they seem small now - but they're pretty big:

1. I started lifting weights - this really kick-started my weight-loss - and gave me definition

2. I stopped snacking after dinner - I used to think that after I worked out - I 'deserved' to snack...........I now realize 'I can't out-train a poor diet'!
  • 123stefania
    123stefania Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Cutting the drinkable calories...Juice, soda, coffee with cream, it has made a big difference!
  • rgohm
    rgohm Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    The best small change I have made is not drinking pop.
  • DCarney
    DCarney Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Cutting out grains and sugar. My gut never felt better and no more slumps in energy! Wooooo Hoooooo!!!
  • FeebaLeeba
    Options
    I've committed to walking at least 1 mile every morning but I actually do like 3 or 4 a day. This helps me start my day off on a good note, feel connected to nature (I work in an office) and seems to be balancing my hormones. I also started a nightly bedtime ritual of stretching and regaining flexibility. It really helps relax me and helps me sleep which gives me more energy.
  • okieindi
    okieindi Posts: 1
    Options
    I try to make one small change every 2-3 weeks. First was drinking 8 glasses of water each day. I might not have time to work out but there is no excuse why I can't drink all of my water.

The second thing I did was drink the juice of half a lemon each morning, right when I wake up. I squeeze the lemon then fill the glass up with water. Before I leave my house I've already had 16oz of water and the lemon juice helps get rid of belly fat.

The next goal I set wan't that small... I have a juicer at home so I've started drinking 16oz of fresh fruit and vegetable juice. The first week I focused on carrot/apple juice. The second week I started to add in a little (and I mean very little) beet and kale juice. Carrot/apple juice tasts very good but once you start adding in the other vegetables it tasts a little earthy at first, but I just keep drinking it. I feel AMAZING and my skin looks great. Other people have been able to notice a change in me.

Now that I"m starting to get my appetite under control I need to start focusing on fitness goals... EEK!!
  • bpp23
    bpp23 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Started drinking water.(with lemon).. at least 64 oz per day since 4-1-14. :smile:
  • mblair1968
    mblair1968 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    1 egg and 2 egg Whites. lots of food, still get the egg taste, but lessen the calories
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Portion sizes. Drink more water. Try to stay away from anything proccessed.
    Not exactly a small change. But works wonders.
    Good luck on your journey and remember, not everyday will be perfect.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!