Tuesday NSV

Options
Kargicq
Kargicq Posts: 72 Member
Back to work today, after a two week break (I teach highschool). I needed to fasten my suit belt TWO NOTCHES more than I was used to. I can also comfortably fasten the jacket, even with stuff in the inner pockets. I'll need a new suit... but will hold off until I've reached my goal weight!

How's your Tuesday going?

Replies

• VanessaRudden
    VanessaRudden Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Well Done - Ive lost 4 lb - and maintained my weight this week - feeling pretty Good!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Great NSV!!

Mine for today is suddenly realizing it's been almost 2 years since I have needed allergy medicine and I've had like 3 migraines during that time (instead of 2-3 per month like before).

Who knows for certain if these things are related to my weight loss, but I can't help but imagine the healthier eating, increased exercise, and a far more positive attitude has helped!
  • Taylorxxlynne
    Taylorxxlynne Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Wow great progress you guys! :) Woohoo! - I have a belt that is like this: a40d5d4d315d6dbdb900ee506fe25f50_zps30004c12.jpg
    A "holed" belt. It has holes all the way around the belt, and I used to only be able to go to the 4th hole. Now I'm on the 7th!!
  • ChampagneHrglss
    ChampagneHrglss Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Three years ago, I ordered a formal gown for an event. It showed up late, and didn't fit. I threw it in the back of my closet and glared at it once in awhile, knowing that it may never fit me.

I wore it last Saturday to a fundraiser I was singing at.
  • Rayedar
    Rayedar Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Went out for a run yesterday. Did my five minute warm up walk, started running, and my pants almost fell down! I bought them about a week after joining MFP and apparently the ten pounds I've lost did it :)
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I have to replace my jeans, my leather belt needs new holes, and my feet got even narrower. All that for only 8.5 lbs! I dropped an inch off my waist, too.
  • Kargicq
    Options
    Great NSVs, everyone! (I'm going to a wedding in a month, and might have to buy a new tux for that. Clothes shopping normally bores me, but that will feel pretty good.)
  • DogLoverLiz
    DogLoverLiz Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I bought new work pants and they're already too big! Gonna try to shrink them in the wash/bathtub.
  • shiva916
    shiva916 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Changed belts...very exciting right?

Had one that was pretty worn out that has been loose on the smallest hole for a while now. Thought about making a new hole but decided on trying a new one that I could barely squeeze on the largest size. To my surprise the next smallest hole is quite comfy now.
  • ancho84
    ancho84 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I had to cut my belt, well I've had to cut it for the past week or so, but finally gonna do it in a bit. That's what I love about my Mission Belt. I can keep cutting it as I shrink, if need be and it last forever without any noticeable wear. I love mine! Highly recommend it to all on this journey.
  • loriemn
    loriemn Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    awesome for everybody! today I wore a pair of jean shorts I havent worn in 12 years! they are painter style so still in fashion for running around..also,when I got dressed for TKD I realized I am going to need a new uniform soon! this one is looking like a sack on me..lol
  • Mhgretsch
    Mhgretsch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Two for me today:
    - wore a sweater that is fairly form-fitting, and didn't see any obvious tummy rolls
    - cranked up my speed on the treadmill from 5mph to 5.1mph...a 15 sec/mile improvement...on my way to a 10 minute mile for a 5k in August!
  • amanstewa3
    amanstewa3 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Within a couple of weeks, I have went from only doing 80 to 100 lateral pull-downs with 50 pound weights (yes, I'm a wimp) to doing 125 tonight. And I am back to fitting into my pre-winter jeans size.
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I ran 4 km without stopping.
  • JakeNJ95
    JakeNJ95 Posts: 54
    Options
    I needed to fasten my suit belt TWO NOTCHES more than I was used to.
    I too had a belt victory today.
    The feeling of tightening your belt one loop more is like winning a game of any kind. Tightening two more is like winning a trophy for being awesome. Props to you!
  • andysmom
    andysmom Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I''ve started using my husband's adjustable belt! LOL Also, today was day two of boot camp and I'm still able to smile and laugh! And I'm going back tomorrow for more! Yay me!
  • Bobbiezilla
    Bobbiezilla Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Technically my NSV is from Friday.....and from certain angles not a victory. But I'm rolling with it. When I first found MFP in July I had altered a thrift store awful dress into a pretty skirt that was still just a bit too small thinking that it would fit in no time; it wound up in the back of my closet. I felt like spring cleaning on Good Friday, had a massive fashion show and purge, and it turns out the skirt is way too big now!!!!! Back in the fabric pile!
    Congrats to everyone celebrating their NSVs :)
  • keshabbaker
    keshabbaker Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    December 2011 someone at my job gave me a white suit for the all white party I was going to on my cruise. Well she told me it was a size 16 so I just new I was going to be able to fit it. Needless to say when I got it I could not fit it and was mortified. Fast forward March 2014 my friend's uncle has an all white party so I pull the suit out and not only could I fit it but I had lots of room and could probably wear a size 14.
  • Kargicq
    Options
    Yay everyone! Hope your Wednesday is just as good!
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Late to my Tuesday NSV.

Previous gym session, stalled on squats and couldn't get the five reps out of the last set.
    Tuesday's session, totally destroyed all three sets with what felt like half the effort. New PR at 165lb squat on 160lb body weight.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!