Need a support group badly!

robinfrazer
robinfrazer Posts: 19
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
Help! :sad: I'm 52 years old, and have gained and lost weight over and over again. I know HOW to lose weight, I just lack the motivation to do the work. I don't have time in my life to join a real-life group where I can get support from others - this is my latest effort to find a group that I can connect with, and who will encourage me and who I can encourage in our common goals. I KNOW what it feels like to be physically fit - I want than for myself again. :love: Robin

Replies

• AriesGrl
    AriesGrl Posts: 174 Member
    Well way to go on your part for reaching out. I have been doing this for two years now and couldnt do it without the suppor.t I have lost 125 lbs so far and have a bit more to go so I am totally here to support whoever needs it and help if I can=)
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 581 Member
    Welcome to MFP. The website is very user friendly and the support you get from your friends is outstanding. If you want, you can request me to be your friend by clicking on my user name. I wish you the best of luck in your weight loss journey.
  • Darlis
    Darlis Posts: 191 Member
    Hi Robin.....new here too. I am 53 and have to get this weight OFF! Maybe the support from here will motivate me!
  • LindaSueBakk
    LindaSueBakk Posts: 145 Member
    Welcome to MFP! I think you're in the right place! There is so much information available and you can spend as much or as little time as you want on the site. I've been a member for almost 3 months and have lost 15 pounds - not a lot but slow and steady. Friend me if you'd like. Best wishes!
  • givprayz
    givprayz Posts: 328
    You are welcome to friend me, and might I suggest you find a group challenge to join. I am in a challenge that is supposedly closed now, but you could post or message the organizer about joining. I find accountability to be a huge help, and being in a challenge group is one form of accountability. (I'm actually organizing a "real world" challenge at work from Jan to April, so I'm in two accountability groups.)
  • candycana
    candycana Posts: 92 Member
    Robin, I'm sooo glad you joined me here! I love this site. I know we can do this! :love: you gf! We need a skinny emoticon! :laugh: I'm trying to get lots of our friends to join us. The more the merrier, especially since MORE will mean LESS!!!!
  • pretygrlsmom
    pretygrlsmom Posts: 17 Member
    You have found your way HOME ! Welcome! We missed you and we are so happy to see you! Support here is special - found no where else in the world!!!

Me- Diabetic - need to watch what i eat and need to exercise everyday and this site has given me the confidence to succeed :-) yeahhh!
    :smile:
  • I feel your pain - I need help as well. I have increased my exercise (from 0 to twice a week), but really need an extra push, especially with my diet. Everyone thinks I am in shape, but they don't see me in shorts or a bathing suit (yuk). I am 36 and my metabolism is starting to slow down and everything I eat seems to stick to my thighs, butt and arms. Plus, I seem to put everyone (work, family, obligations) before my. By the time I have time for myself, I am too tired to do anything and just seem to eat whatever.

If you agree to be my partner/motivator/warden - I will try to be yours as well.
  • If you think your metabolism has slowed down at 36, wait until you reach 50. I think mine has come to a screeching halt! You are very wise to get a jump on this while you're still looking good. I've waited until I am way too out of shape. I wish you luck!
  • 15 pounds is awesome! If this site can help me stay motivated (and I've already discovered many many ways that it will) I look forward to being able to tell people how much I've lost! Keep up the good work!
  • I don't think I know how to friend people yet. Still getting used to the site. I'm not sure what a challenge group is exactly, but it sounds like maybe a competition to see who can lose the most weight? I have entered into discussions with a few people to meet at the gym and exercise on a regular basis. What I've been lacking is a real support group. I think I may be on the right track now.
  • candycana
    candycana Posts: 92 Member
    Robin, if you go to the message boards I think they have a challenge section. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.