Maintaining now, will adding exercise allow me to lose?

Options
Hello everyone,
Since I met my goal weight around August 2013, I have slipped up and gained roughly 3 lbs (sometimes more, sometimes less), but overall I've been maintaining for the last 8 months (wow, has it really been that long!!) Anyway, I haven't exercised at all during this time period, and I have completely stopped counting calories. It's not that I've gone back to eating crazy amounts of food, I just think that I have a better understanding of what I can eat, since I counted calories for over a year! I do splurge here and there, but since I'm successfully maintaining, I don't feel too bad about it. Anyway, I recently bought the Insanity program, and am thinking about starting either it, or starting to run in the mornings. Since I'm maintaining now, without exercise, will adding exercise allow me to lose more weight? While I'm at my original goal, I still have about 10 lbs-15 lbs I could stand to lose (I'm female, 5'2", ~135 lbs).

Replies

• terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    If you're maintaining without exercising, adding in Insanity will most likely get the scale moving. That is an intense program (personal experience). Be sure that you're eating enough though. Do you know about how much you are eating/day now?

Allan
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    If you're maintaining without exercising, adding in Insanity will most likely get the scale moving. That is an intense program (personal experience). Be sure that you're eating enough though. Do you know about how much you are eating/day now?

Allan

This ^^

You may need to eat more with Insanity if you are now maintaining.
  • Nietzscha
    Options
    Thanks for the thoughts, I have calculated what I've been eating the last couple of days, and it's around 1500 calories, sometimes more on the weekends. I calculated what the Insanity program says I should eat, and It was around 1700-1900, so I will try to add a couple of healthy snacks. I'll also change what I've been doing for breakfast (a green smoothie) so that it contains a high amount of protein. I've started the Insanity program this week, and boy is it hard to get myself up in the mornings to do it! And of course the pain doesn't help... :( Even the Fitness test kicked my butt!