Around 100lbs to Lose

Options
Hi, my name is Jessii and I am a 25 year old housewife with way too much time on my hands and a lot of weight to lose.
I'm starting off with Wii Fit Plus so far because I started this on the long weekend and haven't been able to do more than check out gym websites. Looking to start at a gym soon, but happy the in-laws could lend me their Wii Fit Plus and Wii balance board.

Started at 298lbs and lost 4lbs so far, so I am at 294lbs and have a goal of 205lbs (first goal).

I'm looking for other members who are in the same boat, and I am hoping to start a circle of weight loss buddies for motivation and support. :smile:

Replies

• amwbox
    amwbox Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I've also got triple digits to lose. Going to be an interesting process, one way or another. Nice to meet you, and best wishes. :D
  • just_jess7
    just_jess7 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Jessica, and I'm also 25 with more than enough time on my hands and weight to lose! Feel free to add me if you'd like, I've been off the wagon for awhile and just getting back into the swing of things. Good luck in your journey!
  • KristyR341199
    KristyR341199 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi, nice to meet you. I'm Kristy, and I have about 150 pounds to lose. You, or anyone's else, are free to add me as a friend. I'm always up for more mutual support.
  • sarainiowa
    sarainiowa Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
  • Bjamino
    Bjamino Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Feel free to add :)
  • Dozrzz
    Dozrzz Posts: 245
    Options
    Hello! I am starting over with 100+ pounds to lose also! Feel free to add me so we can help motivate each other. It is going to be a long journey and I know I could use all the help and support I can get!
  • Absandok23
    Absandok23 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am Brooke and I am a 32 year old housewife that has almost 100 lbs to lose. I would love to gain some friends on here for support (and I am great at giving support) so that I can become more healthy and my husband and I can start a family. Please feel free to add me, it is my second day back!
  • TheDoctorDonna10
    Options
    Hi, i'm Jessie, 26 with over 100 lbs to lose & i'm a housewife with too much time as well :) I don't have a WII but I use my Kinect & floor routines while I watch tv. Feel free to add me, i'm on every day & very dedicated this time!
  • funkim55
    funkim55 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! I still have over 70 pounds to lose despite losing 50 pounds. You can do this; take one day at a time; try not to eat back all your exercise calories (one of my biggest issues)!!! Hang in there; your MFP will be cheering you on.

Good Luck!!!
  • DivineChoices
    DivineChoices Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 27, and have well over 100 pounds to lose. :) I would love more support. :)
  • OSUfan73
    OSUfan73 Posts: 4
    Options
    I am also in need of losing right around a100 pounds, it has been a struggle my entire life and enough is enough!
  • NichelleHall
    NichelleHall Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I started at 303, I'm currently at 262.

I stair stepped my goals. I was too afraid to set a long term goal because I wasn't sure if I could meet it. My next goal is 242. But I'm with you, I could definitely stand to get to 200 pounds.
  • jennucci81
    jennucci81 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Same! I have about 130lbs to lose.
    Feel free to add me!

Also, if you have the Wii you have access to Amazon Instant Video if you download the Wii App?

Jillian Michaels 30 minute Shred is $1.99 on digital download.

I'm trying to do it every day. Its intense and you burn, at our weight, 400+ calories each workout.
    So its an awesome thing to try.

Also, I am working on some before bed workouts to stimulate my metabolism while I sleep.

I'm happy to buddy up and help!

Anyone is free to add me!
  • frozentrace
    frozentrace Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I just signed up for MFP over the weekend.
    I went to the gym yesterday and was only able to do 30 minutes on the elliptical... So out of shape.. Haha.

good on you.. 30 minutes on the elliptical is better than 30 minutes on the couch :D keep at it!!!
  • WisheeNY
    WisheeNY Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hey! I have way over 100lbs to lose. Wii Fit sounds like a good idea. Good luck on your journey and feel free to add me!
  • rideontechnology
    rideontechnology Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi! I started out at almost 300 pounds, 120 pounds to lose (for my first goal), and I've lost about 19 so far! Feel free to add me, you'll be surprised at the motivation people on here can bring. Congrats on the loss so far :)
  • missomgitsica
    missomgitsica Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Try this website for at home workouts:

http://www.fitnessblender.com/

And good luck on your journey!
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Over 100lbs to lose here. Lost 40 before I had my son, now 2 years later I weigh more then when I was 9 months pregnant. :(
  • k1ttyk1tty
    k1ttyk1tty Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Whelp, looks like we're starting around the same weight. Feel free to talk to or add, I could use all of the motivation I can get and I'm sure I could return the favor:)
  • liannap
    liannap Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Jessii and I am a 25 year old housewife with way too much time on my hands and a lot of weight to lose.
    I'm starting off with Wii Fit Plus so far because I started this on the long weekend and haven't been able to do more than check out gym websites. Looking to start at a gym soon, but happy the in-laws could lend me their Wii Fit Plus and Wii balance board.

Started at 298lbs and lost 4lbs so far, so I am at 294lbs and have a goal of 205lbs (first goal).

I'm looking for other members who are in the same boat, and I am hoping to start a circle of weight loss buddies for motivation and support. :smile:
    Hi Jessii, welcome to MFP. Although I am not your age group, I would still like to reply to your post. I noticed that you joined in April and you have already lost 4lbs; that's good going.
    If I can give you any advice: check in daily - every check in day is added and it is fun to see the number of your check in days rise. Secondly, take time to record everything that you eat, everything. Thirdly, take time each day to pick out some blogs to read, navigate this wonderful site and read about groups. Don't join too many groups as it will take up too much time to record whatever you have to record or do for every group. Make a commitment that you can stick to. I wish you well.
    Cheers
    Lianna