I am walking.

Options
I haven't eaten yet today, but I am walking, because if I go home and eat right now, I will eat all the leftover Easter candy and anything else I can get my hands on. I am sure I have some mild undiagnosed form of depression, that I don't bother getting treated for, because like I said it is mild. After dealing with my alcoholic mother last night (when I did go home and eat) and again this morning, I am choosing to be hungry until I can calm down. So, I am walking. Typing this on my phone with the sun shining is no easy task btw, so please excuse any typos o miss.
Anywho, vent over, th ks for reading if you made it this far.

Replies

• fastfoodietofitcutie
    fastfoodietofitcutie Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you are dealing with all that. Congrats on going walking, hopefully it will help. If anything the sunshine always makes a difference!
  • drewmmm
    drewmmm Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your mother, but congratulations on choosing to walk instead to eat your worries away! YOU GO GIRL!
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    Walking--what an excellent choice for you to make in helping you deal with a stressful situation. Just wanted you to know that I've struggled with mild depression most of my adult life. I was on meds briefly, but stopped taking them because they caused me to gain weight. Now that I've started living a healthier lifestyle with more nutritious food and regular exercise, my depression has subsided. I feel amazing! Keep taking it one day at a time and putting one foot in front of the other girl! You will be feeling healthy, strong and energetic in no time! Don't give up! You CAN do this!!!
  • asciiqwerty
    asciiqwerty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    sending big hugs and best wishes, well done on noticing that your mood affects you eating, I do this too

and the best way of getting away from stress is indeed to *walk away* it will help you feel better in so many ways

I have adopted a new approach to my bad days over lent "eat is. log it . forget it and move on"

i generally try not to have candy and chocolate in the house because i know that if i have a bad day i'll binge, that gets harder round christmas and easter

you can do this - keep engaging - keep loggin - keep walking - log that walk too :)
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Oh sweetie,,, I know too well about feeling under the weather.

I'm glad you are going for a walk to clear your mind. What a great ideal.

Hang in there. :flowerforyou:
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Walking is always the better choice. And sorry to hear about your mother. In every relationship, someone has to be the adult and it sounds like you are in that one. She is fortunate to have you.
  • joannaphipps00
    joannaphipps00 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your walking and no matter if you walk to get home or just walk it will still help. Try setting up a regular route, mine is .4 miles and I try to do it twice daily. So far it has helped me loose twelve pounds and it can help you just as much. IF you have a running track near you try walking or jogging that on a regular basis. Most tracks are .25MI/lap so monitoring your distance is easy. For your exercise here you need only two variables time and type of exercise.

Congrats and keep up the good work :bigsmile:
  • stephcbms
    stephcbms Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Great choice !! Sorry for the things your going through but you made the right decision to walk it off !! :flowerforyou: Anytime I have anything going on or just need to clear my head, that's what I do, go for a walk. Good luck to ya :)
  • mcbadyna
    mcbadyna Posts: 2
    Options
    Sorry :( Walking in the sunshine is Great!
  • andielyn
    andielyn Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Yay for you! Walking is great to ease the mind and a fantastic way to counter all those negative feelings from dealing with your family. Keep putting one foot in front of the other. Literally and figuratively.
  • Loralrose
    Loralrose Posts: 203
    Options
    Going on walks (and runs, and bike rides, and...) got me through childhood. The best thing is to have no troubles, but second best is to take a walk.
  • slindsey137
    slindsey137 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    You are all awesome. :-)
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Kudos to you for walking instead of emotionally eating! I have had (and do have) alcoholics in my life, so I very much feel for you. Fortunately, I am mostly able to distance myself from them as needed. Always remember, it is THEIR problem, not yours. I know they seem to try to make it YOUR problem, too, but it is NOT. :flowerforyou:
  • slindsey137
    slindsey137 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    My husband came home early from work and helped me build a chicken coop. :)