I seem to be stuck!

Options
I have been at 183lbs for about a week now. I am so frustrated! I workout every day and eat pretty well. I have been losing at a decent pace but now I have just seemed to stop. What the heck is going on?

Replies

• Cortx
    Cortx Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    they say when that happens u need to change ur workout routine
  • ariesldsgal
    ariesldsgal Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I am not sure if this works for everyone, so you may want to research a bit before taking my advice. I have five children, so I have lost weight many many times before. Right now I am working on my last 20 pounds. :-) When my weight loss seems to slow down, it seems to be from metabolism slowing down, so I have cheat days. Nothing extravagent, don't want to lose any progress made so far, but say an extra 500 calories each day for two or three days in a row. Then I immediately get back to strict dietary rules and exercise. I keep up the exercise during the cheat days. This little break from diet rules seems to get my metabolism a bit of a spike again to help me continue to loose the excess weight. As mentioned above though, check with others just in case my body reacts different than theirs. I am currently a large 8 and working my way back to a size 6. :-) Good luck, you can do this!!!!
  • gcedillo
    Options
    Eat your normal BMR amount of cals for 2-3 days! It worked for me. Ther worst it can happen? You won't lose weight during those three days. (I think you are already there). It is supposed to re-start your metabolism by fooling your body thinking there's plenty of food around.