It means no worries...

Options
Hmm, I feel like I have written this post before.....

Hello! My name is Rose. And I am re-starting this journey...again. I had previously lost 100+ pounds and kept it off for about two years before I stopped paying attention and started putting the weight back on again. And so here I am starting over.

I realize now that one of the reasons it took me so long to start over again was because starting over meant that I had to admit that I had had messed up and gone back to where I was in the first place.... Admitting that was very hard for me. I still don't understand how I could have let that happen...

Well now I have made one very important decision: HAKUNA MATATA! I am going to forget about the past and just start over from today! I can't do anything to change what has already happened but I can change how I am in the future!

I could really use some support and some new friends!! Please add me and if you have a similar experience with starting over and have any advice I would really appreciate it!!

Replies

• Dozrzz
    Dozrzz Posts: 245
    Options
    Ha I finally got that stupid ticker thingy to update! Go me! :-P
  • WitchyKisses
    WitchyKisses Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hakuna Matata and congrats for trying again. :)
  • Dozrzz
    Options
    Thanks!! :-)
  • parastu95
    parastu95 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hiiii same happened to me couple of years ago! I lost track of my old lifestyle and exercising ! So , hakuna matata! gonna start again! :) x
    Good Luck

63651939.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • silencioesoro
    silencioesoro Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!

And curse you, now I will be singing that song aaaall day at work. Good thing I work with little kids!
  • asciiqwerty
    asciiqwerty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    hey well done - great attitude ...'till the end of your days!
    eat it log it forget it and move on....

some meals will be good and others less so, life goes on, you need to enjoy the ride :)
  • OnMyWeigh
    OnMyWeigh Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Hakuna Matata!! You can do this. I had lost about 80 lbs and I'm back starting over again as well, I've lost 20 lbs in the last 2 months. I feel great and I'm on a roll- you will too. Don't let plateaus discourage you... You know what it takes and you are here so that's the first step. Your great attitude will take you a long way.
  • Dozrzz
    Options
    Welcome back!

And curse you, now I will be singing that song aaaall day at work. Good thing I work with little kids!

But what a great song to be singing! :-)
  • Dozrzz
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the encouraging words!!
  • NichelleHall
    NichelleHall Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I lost 30, gained it all back.

And I've lost 40 this time! :)

We can do it together. It's all about health and encouragement :)
  • KatMicNYC
    KatMicNYC Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Me too! Lost about 70 gained 60 back. What's different this time for me is I'm eating "Real Food" and logging everything. I think it's fascinating how we can achieve so much and then let it slip away. I swear this time I'm creating a life eating pattern that I can easily replicate tracking or no tracking. I have a wireless whitings scale that syncs automatically to my phone and will even email my stats to anyone I choose like a doctor or the diet police! It took me about 3 years to gain it back. I absolutely loved being thin! What happened! I knew I was gaining it back, I knew I was failing. It's something like you said. It's about knowing you have screwed up and the act of stopping it makes the screw up somehow feel worse and you're in this fog. t's like I was possessed by a food demon who basically said "No, this is fine, eat up!" . There was someone at work who I watched do something similar. She told me she was in a setback after the first setback week and I could not reason with her to weigh herself or to just consider trying to maintain her weight loss, there was absolutely no reasoning with her until she gained back the 20 pounds she lost and then it's like she woke up and said Geez her I go again. It's really perplexing how powerful food cravings can be and what those triggers are and how can we stop and recover when we have a setback.
  • Dozrzz
    Options
    Yes, its almost like being in denial but you're aware of the fact that you're in denial. Which seems like that should pull you out of being in denial and yet here we are, after gaining back most if not all of what we lost. I just sit here wondering why I didn't stop myself. I knew I was struggling but still ignored it. I told myself that I didn't want to spend my life "obsessing" over what I ate but that was just my excuse for completely ignoring what I was eating. There has to be a balance between eating everything we want and obsessing over calories and nutrition...
  • gromithere
    gromithere Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Sounds like the same thing I'm doing. It is pretty easy to slip back in to our old ways. We can all do this! Luckily, I'm catching myself before I get fully back to where I was.
  • Cukkie13
    Cukkie13 Posts: 22
    Options
    I have been in your shoes too! I lost 25 pounds 4 years ago and gained back 43. Now I'm starting all over again. :)