Mio Liquid good or bad?

Options
I have a hard time drinking all my water, and find adding Mio flavors helps, but it seems that since I have been adding the MIO , my weight loss has slowed down. Is this due to hidden sugars?

Replies

• SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    No.
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with Mio or any of the other versions of water flavourings.

Sugar does not cause weight gain. If you are noticing a difference in your weight loss you are either tracking wrong, measuring wrong, or it is time to switch things up.
  • FatGuyNL
    FatGuyNL Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I think the more important reason to avoid that kind of stuff is the fact that it's a chemical cocktail.
  • JoshD8705
    JoshD8705 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Mio won't effect weight gain or loss. Personally I prefer the nestea green tea squirter though.
  • Gholmar
    Gholmar Posts: 37
    Options
    I think the more important reason to avoid that kind of stuff is the fact that it's a chemical cocktail.

Ewww!!!!!!

Wait, why is that bad?
  • beachylove
    beachylove Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    My husband uses Mio in his water and has had no issues losing weight.

I personally prefer True Lemon and True Lime packets for my water when I dont have fresh lemons/limes on hand : http://www.truelemon.com/
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I use Mio all the time... hasn't affected me one bit.
  • AME902
    AME902 Posts: 10
    Options
    I detest the taste of plain water, too. I use Mio, Crystal Light, Disani drops and a few others. My favorite is the Ocean Spray and Tropicana 50 calorie fruit juices (cran-cherry, grapefruit, grape, orange, etc.) mixed with half water (just enough to flavor the water) and a few slices of fresh lemon. I also drink V-8 every day (6-8 oz.) sometimes with a slice of lemon and sometimes with a couple of tablespoons of Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar the v-8 helps me get that down. I do Ocean Spray 50 cal. ruby red grapefruit every day too. I love my teas and drink green tea a lot. I also love the herbal teas that have no calories and no caffeine. I like a coffee now and again and yes, I do indulge in half and half or cream once in a while. For milk I do Blue Diamond Almond Coconut. For my sweetner sometimes honey in moderation or nectresse when I absolutely have to have sweet in my tea. I also use cinnamon sticks in my tea --that makes it smell sweeter, go figure.

I think that anything you choose is okay as long as you go in moderation and remember that even the drops have a few calories, they do add up if you drink a lot during the day so don't forget to MFP track what you drink.
    Edited to add: Just for the record, I just lost 40 lbs. doing MFP and some exercise and this is round two for my goal of another 25 lbs.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

So is water, uh oh
  • Thatsmywrapgirl
    Options
    I drink a gallon of water+ a day and add MIO to it. There's nothing wrong with it... Have you thought about other factors? Switching up workouts? High carbs? Other stuff?
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    I use mio all the time, can't stand plain water. I prefer the mio fit variety as they also add electrolytes and I find the salts cut the flavor of the artificial sweeteners so they're not as noticeable. I'm VERY sensitive to the taste of the artificial sweeteners so that's really a major benefit for me.

As far as the weight loss goes, no reason it should be an issue. Depending on how long this has been going on you may just be retaining more water than you're used to and it will even back out soon and you'll start to see drops again.

And as I've said on many other threads, there's nothing on that ingredients list that would give an organic chemist even a slight pause.
  • greeniris101
    Options
    Mio has Suclarose in it which unfortunately is another word for sugar. Plus it also has preservatives and artificial colors. Nothing natural about it.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Mio has Suclarose in it which unfortunately is another word for sugar.
    :huh: No it's not.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Mio has Suclarose in it which unfortunately is another word for sugar. Plus it also has preservatives and artificial colors. Nothing natural about it.

No one said it was "natural" whatever that's supposed to mean. What I said was there's nothing on the ingredients list that would be of concern to someone who's taken and understands organic chemistry and chemical naming protocols.
  • MrsBach
    MrsBach Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I don't hate the taste of water, but use it to make Vodka Sodas taste better.
  • MagicalWanda
    MagicalWanda Posts: 8 Member
    Options
  • jspicher81
    jspicher81 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I use Mio almost every day and have for the past 6 months, and l'm 65 lbs down.
    PPL at work preach to me all the time about how bad ingredient XYZ is (l work with a bunch of "experts on everything" you know the type).... anyway my response is "Well it seems to be working for me."
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

neither is beer.

or coffee.

or cake.

or steak.

ice cream.

oreos.

all of those things must have to be processed in order for me to consume them.

And god help you if take those things from me.
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I don't hate the taste of water, but use it to make Vodka Sodas taste better.

Best answer! Haha :drinker:

OP, if it gets you to drink more water, then go for it. Just log it if it has calories. :smile: