i can't cook !

Options
What will be an ideal meal plan i can follow ? i can't cook anything. My mom cooks for me, if i have to lose weight , i will have to cool for myself. Can you guys give me an ideal meal plan i can follow ?
i want to lose 55 Ibs . Iam 18 and i weigh 156 Ibs :(

Replies

• rmdaly
    rmdaly Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Its a great time to learn to cook and set up some patterns for the rest of your life. Your mother might enjoy helping you with this.

Find a good easy, healthy cookbook that has at least a couple of things you would like to make. Try them out. If they don't workout, figure out why and either try again or try something different. Or try googling healthy recipes for your favorite foods. Try the websites for EatingWell and CookingLight for ideas.

You don't say your height, but 55 lbs from 156 is pretty drastic, more than 1/3 of your body weight. You might want to see what the BMI range for your height is.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    What will be an ideal meal plan i can follow ? i can't cook anything. My mom cooks for me, if i have to lose weight , i will have to cool for myself. Can you guys give me an ideal meal plan i can follow ?

Why do you want to weigh 100lbs??? how tall are you?

At 18 learn how to cook ask your mom to teach you. I am teaching my son atm it's pretty simple if you just follow a recipe...

You can come upon terms that make no sense like cream butter and sugar but google it or ask your mom...btw that means mix them together until smooth...
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    100 pounds? What are you, 4'8"? And why can't you cook, are your arms painted on? I started cooking when I was seven, and my parents encouraged it, by eighteen you should be self sufficient enough to make dinner for the family. I'm failing to see the problem here other than you're goal weight is probably unrealistic and possibly unsafe.

Rigger
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Learn to cook, ask your mother to help you. Start with simple recipes, like roasting meat, steaming vegetables, that are really hard to mess up if you follow the directions.

I'm guessing you picked 101 lbs as goal because you're 5 2 and that's the minimum healthy bodyweight according to the charts? If you haven't been there before, you might find that you look pretty great in the middle or even the top of the range. I'd set a goal first to get into the healthy weight range, and then re-evaluate from there. It'll give you something to celebrate partway.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    If you can read a recipe, then you can cook. There are a ton of simple recipe for beginners on the internet.
  • KarmaKills
    KarmaKills Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I wasn't much of a cook until recent years because my ex-husband did all the cooking. After my divorce I figured I'd better learn because eating out 3 times a day was not an option. It was intimidating at first, but now I love it. I bought cookbooks and went from there. Trying new recipes can be a lot of fun! As someone else posted, start with simple meals and go from there! Your insecurities and/or intimidation will fade and you'll learn to love cooking. :)
  • hiraafridi
    Options
    Thankyou so much ! i will definitely look
    and my height is 5'1 . I think my bmi is close to obese
    I am really scared . I hope things work out for me !
  • hiraafridi
    Options

At 18 learn how to cook ask your mom to teach you. I am teaching my son atm it's pretty simple if you just follow a recipe...

You can come upon terms that make no sense like cream butter and sugar but google it or ask your mom...btw that means mix them together until smooth...
    I can't do that . I have to lose weight and i definitly need healthy recipies . I am 5'1 , that is why i wanna lose lots of kgs
  • hiraafridi
    Options
    Iam short that is why i want to lose lots of weight
    100 pounds? What are you, 4'8"? And why can't you cook, are your arms painted on? I started cooking when I was seven, and my parents encouraged it, by eighteen you should be self sufficient enough to make dinner for the family. I'm failing to see the problem here other than you're goal weight is probably unrealistic and possibly unsafe.

Rigger
  • hiraafridi
    Options
    thankyou so much . I find your post really helpful . I am short ( 5'1 ) that is why i picked 101 . would make it like 110
    and i will try to cook things .
    Learn to cook, ask your mother to help you. Start with simple recipes, like roasting meat, steaming vegetables, that are really hard to mess up if you follow the directions.

I'm guessing you picked 101 lbs as goal because you're 5 2 and that's the minimum healthy bodyweight according to the charts? If you haven't been there before, you might find that you look pretty great in the middle or even the top of the range. I'd set a goal first to get into the healthy weight range, and then re-evaluate from there. It'll give you something to celebrate partway.
  • hiraafridi
    Options
    thanks a lot :)
    I wasn't much of a cook until recent years because my ex-husband did all the cooking. After my divorce I figured I'd better learn because eating out 3 times a day was not an option. It was intimidating at first, but now I love it. I bought cookbooks and went from there. Trying new recipes can be a lot of fun! As someone else posted, start with simple meals and go from there! Your insecurities and/or intimidation will fade and you'll learn to love cooking. :)
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options

I can't do that . I have to lose weight and i definitly need healthy recipies . I am 5'1 , that is why i wanna lose lots of kgs

Where did you get the idea that you cannot eat recipes that have butter and sugar in them? I am also 5'1". I went from 136 to 104 and I eat butter and sugar and all sorts of delicious things. And anyone who can read (or watch videos) can learn to cook.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Beginners cookbooks, youtube videos... cooking is not hard! Learn, you might even enjoy it.
  • fasy1
    fasy1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Just try very simple recipes, some of them just require you to mix a few ingredients and put them in the oven. Cooking is not rocket science, all you have to do is practice. It might not turn out well the first time, but then you learn from your mistakes and know what you need to do differently the next time and then you go from there. The more you cook, the better you will be at it. YouTube is actually a great resource for short cooking videos. Just search for what you want. There are also some great channels worth subscribing to that give you step by step instructions for each recipe like Cooking For Dads. Rob Barett, the host is himself not a professional chef, but just a dad who has learned to cook fun meals for the whole family. If he can, so can you!

https://www.youtube.com/user/cookingfordads

Another one is Chow.com too:

https://www.youtube.com/user/CHOW

Good luck!
  • hiraafridi
    Options
    I will thanks :)
    Beginners cookbooks, youtube videos... cooking is not hard! Learn, you might even enjoy it.
  • hiraafridi
    Options
    Thankyou ! i will definitely check it out
    Just try very simple recipes, some of them just require you to mix a few ingredients and put them in the oven. Cooking is not rocket science, all you have to do is practice. It might not turn out well the first time, but then you learn from your mistakes and know what you need to do differently the next time and then you go from there. The more you cook, the better you will be at it. YouTube is actually a great resource for short cooking videos. Just search for what you want. There are also some great channels worth subscribing to that give you step by step instructions for each recipe like Cooking For Dads. Rob Barett, the host is himself not a professional chef, but just a dad who has learned to cook fun meals for the whole family. If he can, so can you!

https://www.youtube.com/user/cookingfordads

Good luck!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    depending where you are, there are a whole range of 4 ingredient cookbooks. They are good for starting out.
  • sugarstrawberries
    sugarstrawberries Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+to+boil+chicken+breast

Plus a bag of veggies you can toss in the microwave. Or just a bag of veggies and boil it like the chicken.