Net Calories..I'm confused?

Options
Ok I'm trying to figure out all this net calories thing but I'm confused can someone help?

Replies

• Steph_Anie
    Steph_Anie Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    net calories are what your body is getting after exercise etc for the day-- for example if breakfast was 300 calories and then you worked out and burned 150 calories, your net calories that your body has gotten is 150 or that is how I understand it
  • ObviousIndigo
    ObviousIndigo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    You eat 1500 calories
    you burn 400 calories
    your net 1100 calories

So your net is what your body has left to burn just to function properly. You want to make sure that your net is never below 1200 because your bady then starts to store everything you eat. Make sure you net your minimum calories plus at least half of your exercise calories! Trust me!! I hit a month long plateau due to only eating 1200 calories a day and burning 600 - 700 so my net was only 500-600 a day. It is hard to get out of that:) Any questions feel free to PM me and add me as a friend if you would like:)
  • CarrieAbbey
    CarrieAbbey Posts: 378 Member
    Options

thanks for the link, that does help
  • bonitatica
    bonitatica Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Oh boy then I'm not doing this right then. so far today I had 1520 calories, i burned - 997 and it shows a net of only 523

so i have to eat more? or workout less? or combo of both?
  • HealthyEscape
    Options
    Oh boy then I'm not doing this right then. so far today I had 1520 calories, i burned - 997 and it shows a net of only 523

so i have to eat more? or workout less? or combo of both?

The more you exercise, the more you get to eat. If you burn 300 calories running, you get to eat that 300 calories in food, ontop of your daily amount. You eat what you burn. So, yes, you stil have 523 calories to eat for today.
  • HealthyEscape
    Options

thanks for the link, that does help

You're welcome! The different sections in the COMMUNITY tab each have posts that are "locked" and come up before everything else. THey were either made by the moderator of the site or well enough explained to earn a spot there. Great info if you get a chance to check out each link. They can answer a TON of questions for new people or people who need a little extra insight :-)
  • bonitatica
    bonitatica Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    so when i set my calorie goal on here...what should i set it as?