Magnetic resistance or mechanical??

AmyW4225
AmyW4225 Posts: 302 Member
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
I am looking to get a recumbent exercise bike. I have two in mind. One is magnetic resistance and the other is not. What is the difference between the two and which would you recommend? Thanks for any help!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• billylindsay
    billylindsay Posts: 102 Member
    Its just how the resistance is controlled both as good as each other
  • Magnetic will be quieter and smoother.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    I wouldn't recommend a recumbent bike at all. My trainer told me they're basically a waste of time. They do work your legs but they don't end up burning many calories unless you're going all out for a really long time.
  • i thought it said 'Magic resistance".
  • AmyW4225
    AmyW4225 Posts: 302 Member
    I wouldn't recommend a recumbent bike at all. My trainer told me they're basically a waste of time. They do work your legs but they don't end up burning many calories unless you're going all out for a really long time.

Thank you , I appreciate it. I am going into my final semester of nursing school, though, which requires me to sit on my butt all day and study, with no time to exercise. I have a treadmill and elliptical, but it's too hard to do that and read, so I am looking for something to do while I study.
  • If you could manage to do some high intensity work out three times a week, 15 minutes per session, then you really won't need to slog through exercise. As a student of nursing, I am sure you will know that your current physical status is very important before you can begin high intensity work outs.

Take a look at the research paper at http://journals.lww.com/acsm-essr/Abstract/2008/04000/Metabolic_Adaptations_to_Short_term_High_Intensity.3.aspx
This discussion has been closed.