2 weeks in China - a step backwards

Options
2»

Replies

• 8lackie
    8lackie Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    There is some wonderful eating to be done in China. I'd feel thankful if I got away with only a 3lb gain after two weeks. It'll come off with a bit of exercise and calorie counting again.
  • JojoEffeckt164
    JojoEffeckt164 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Haha I had the same after my USA trip.... I just love love love Wendy's and Taco bell! If I would live in the States..... I would have been twice as fat when I started... I put on 4 pounds....

the good news: I got rid of them again within a week =) So I think if you go back on track now you should be able to get rid of them within no time =) Don´t stress too much about it. You had a great time, didn´t you?
  • django_girl
    django_girl Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    OK. I get the point now. Thank you for the encouraging words.
  • django_girl
    Options
    Yes. Too much nice food. I should be more positive and be glad that I haven't put on more.
  • django_girl
    Options
    Yes I had a lovely time and probably will be able to get rid of the 3 lbs in two weeks - that's just fair, isn't it?

We'll done on getting rid of your "holiday weight".
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it. A trip to China is an amazing experience. Relish the memories and get back to work.

^^ This
    What is the point if striving for a better life if your life along the way is boring.
  • WaKay
    WaKay Posts: 314
    Options
    The first time I went to China I lost 8 lbs, Pretty much hated the food. Second trip a few years later I gained 6 - different region and amazing food. One of the things I noticed is that everything was so much sweeter, especially in the North. I cannot stomach the OJ there - it tastes like pure powdered sugar to me. Ditto with soda.

On both trips I was back to pre-travel weight pretty quickly after getting home. I rarely work out when traveling (no time) so getting right back to the gym helps.
  • django_girl
    Options
    I was in Sichuan. The food is spicy and oily - I don't understand why the girls are all so tiny!
  • django_girl
    Options
    I'd be excited if I lost weight in China -:)
  • django_girl
    Options
    Back to my pre-China weight now. Happy.