Vegetarian low cal meal

Options
starrymela
starrymela Posts: 3 Member
Hey guys,

I'm looking for some dinner ideas that are 450 calories or less. I'm pretty strict about my food intake during the day, and then when I get home this is what I usually have left over.

I am a vegetarian, not vegan.

I really like to cook, but I live in a co-op so I need to share the kitchen space. I like to prepare things that take 30 minutes or less (unless I can just stick it in the oven.)

I LOVE FOOOOOOD!!! yummy.

Replies

• Erinelda
    Erinelda Posts: 96
    Options
    I nearly ran out of calories for dinner so I made a pot of cabbage soup. It was 300g cabbage, 100g potato, .5 cup tomato sauce, a veggie stock base cube, tex mex seasoning, white vinegar, chili powder, salt, pepper, hot pepper juice from the jar and water. I blended half. I am not sure how good it is but it is a ton of food for next to no calories. As long as it is well seasoned it is edible xD.

I usually just have like 500g of potatoes for dinner. Sometimes I turn it into soup. The ticket is to blend at least half, then it sits in your stomach for much longer.

I have a lot of salads too. Sometimes I put a cooked potato in it LOL

I love potatoes. I think I have a problem.
  • nygrl4evr
    nygrl4evr Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    bump, would like be interested some new recipes too.
  • rbiss
    rbiss Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I don't have any recipes on me right now, but I pull everything out of the Forks over Knives Cookbook and sometimes Appetite for Reduction.

Today I ate an egg sandwich on a whole wheat muffin, lunch was beans/onions/peppers cooked with spices and guac, and dinner will be a black bean burger with sweet potato fries. These were all super quick to make. I try and make one big recipe a week from either of these books.
  • partonsara
    partonsara Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I usually make 5 vegetarian low calorie meals a week. If you have a pinterest account search "meatless recipes" or just "meatless". It is amazing the recipes you will get. We rarely eat the same recipe unless we love it. Good luck!
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Roast some mixed veggies in the oven (you can use those bags of frozen mixed vegetables for this).
    Spread a good layer of hummus on a wholegrain wrap (with maybe some Harissa paste, sundried tomato paste or olive tapenade).
    Put on the roasted veggies and if you like some lettuce or raw shredded cabbage. Roll it up and eat it.

Calories vary depending on which vegetables or pastes you use and how much, but it is usually pretty low.
  • longshadows17
    longshadows17 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I like black bean and quinoa, add spices to taste. I like some diced up jalapenos in it.
    Couscous and green beans
    I've been liking veggie bratwurst with a side
    I will add olive oil and seasoning and broil about any vegetable.
    Always up for an omelette with spinach and tomatoes
    Baked potato with black beans and taco seasoning and a little cheese
    Polenta and vegetables
    Falafel and lettuce in a pita
    And if I'm lazy, Amy's Oragnics Frozen Foods are really yummy
  • healthydoseofglitter
    healthydoseofglitter Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I made zucchini taco boats yesterday for dinner .... mine had meat however you can use the zucchini middle and stuff it with that or the boca meatless crumbles

boil zucchinis till semi soft scoop out middle
    fill with taco meat/or veggie meatless crumbles
    top with salsa shdredded cheese
    bake 425* about 10 minutes (I have an electric stove and mine seems to be always quicker than gas)

I topped mine with FF Sour Cream

Delicious even hubby approved
  • deidresilva
    Options
    Check out Happy Herbivore! They have some really good recipes- and they also have a 7 day meal plan that ends up being under 1200 calories per day! It's vegan- but you can totally add some milk/cheese/eggs/etc if you like!

When I actually have time to cook- it works out really well- cause everything is prepped on Sunday! and you have your meals (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner/Snacks) planned out and its pretty much grab and go!

https://www.getmealplans.com/