how do u know what size is the right size?????

Options
how do u know what right size pants u fit into????????.... i bought pants yesterday thought they fit when i tryed them on n now they way big i feel like i could fit an extra thigh in them! i usually wear tight pants flares to begin with but after a day of wearing them by the end of the day they were big n baggy.....how do u size up????

Replies

• schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    i so need to know the answer to this. when i try jeans on in shops they fit soooo snug and then after about an hour or so at home of wearing them they are huge on me, like really baggy in the bum and round the thighs....

arggggh total nightmare
  • kalebsmama07
    Options
    me too... for loose on thighs n butt
  • SassyStef
    Options
    OMG I was just telling my friend about this LOL I hate when jeans do that and why!?! I head it was because they cotton and should get some with spandex in them but they do it too!!

I dont know but I totally feel your pain and so wish they would fit the same at home as they do in the store!! I dont like looking like I have a bag of crap in my *kitten* by the end of the day LMAO
  • CarolHudson11
    Options
    Mine always start out at the beginning of the day fitting well, and halfway through the day they've stretched out some from me sitting, and bending and walking, and I have to start pulling them every few minutes after lunch. I've determined I need a BELT! :laugh:
  • seemichellerun
    Options
    Most jeans today have 2-8% spandex in them to give them extra stretch. I have a pair of size 8 Gap jeans that I can easily pull on fresh out of the dryer and fit like a dream. After about 5 hours they're baggy and I'm constantly pulling them up so my butt isn't hanging out.

If you want your jeans to retain their shape/size, don't buy anything that has "stretch" or "skinny" on the label. Make sure it's 100% denim/cotton.
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    is it worth risking buying jeans that feel way too snug in the store in the hope they will fit properly after wearing a while lol they should have a rent a jean program so u can test drive them before u buy haha
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    It depends on how stretchy they are. I have the same problem with a lot of pants from the Gap. I got a new pair of jeans from Old Navy and they don't seem to stretch out like that.
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I've noticed Old Navy jeans do this like crazy! I think I could fit a size or 2 smaller when they are all stretched out like that. I think the key is to avoid stretch as well, because I don't remember my pants doing this when I was younger ( before most jeans had stretch in them)
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I buy them as tight as I can but still able to zip while standing. I hate the diaper look they get when they streach out too much and a belt doesn't help a saggy butt.
  • amymt10
    amymt10 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    NY&Company has good jeans, they dont stretch too much. Old Navy's jeans stretch too much for me too.
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Read the label. If there is a high percentage of spandex the pants will stretch out a lot when you wear them. I can wear anything from a size 8 to a size 12 depending on how much stretch they have. And I have one pair that might have been ok in a size 6. If the pants have spandex they should feel snug to the point of being too tight. Once you wear them for a little bit they will stretch out and be comfortable.

I think if the spandex content is above 5% that's considered high but I don't quite remember.
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    bump. I'll read this later.
  • ladysvs
    Options
    Don't buy denim with more than 3% stretch or it will bag out on you. Every store I go in, I seem to be a different size, so unfortunately it's just try, try, try!
  • countjackula
    Options
    It's why I get all my clothes tailored now...

Wait, am I in the wrong thread? lol
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    5% or less spandex is important. Also, if they don't fit right, they will be baggy in all the wrong places. Try a different cut or brand.
  • blatantnarcisism
    Options
    I always buy jeans that hurt to do up the button so that after a few hours, they fit snugly and I don't have to wear a belt.
  • nms123ss
    Options
    I have worked for four years selling jeans, and I can tell you that (almost) no matter the fabric jeans will stretch out 1/2 a size. So if they feel like a dream come true when you buy them, it is likely they will end up too big. The important thing is to make sure that even if they are snug, that they are still comfortable enough to you will wear often enough to GET them to stretch out. I know it's tough to buy jeans tight, but like it was said, nobody likes a saggy butt!! :-)
  • punkrawkcutie
    punkrawkcutie Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    The unfortunate part of this whole thing is that it is a conspiracy. I have jeans with both high and low/no spandex in them and it doesn't seem to make a difference. What has made a difference is how much I have paid for them. Seems to be, the more expensive the jean, the better they fit over time. I asked a girl I know who works in fashion since this was a problem for me too and apparently the higher end jeans are made to last longer and fit better due to the way they are constructed. I didn't believe her until I bought a few pairs of jeans that I had no business in buying (god it was alot of cash) but they fit no matter how many times I have worn them and even better I can go up or down 5 lbs and they still fit and look awesome! This is where the conspiracy comes in... She said that it doesn't cost any more to construct the jeans better, it is just something that happend at some point in the industry to ensure they got our money. You either buy a bunch of jeans that sorta fit for a little bit of time or you shell out for one or 2 good pairs that stay fitting. BOOOO. If anyone out there wants a sure thing for a business plan, construct good jeans and price them mid point.... EVERY chick would buy them!