Have you noticed...

Options
kendall916
kendall916 Posts: 4,222 Member
That when losing weight you crave less of sweets? I've noticed a change of my taste buds when I went to Seattle. A friend bought be a piece of cheesecake at a gorgeous restaurant by the water. When the dessert arrived I took the first bite and could taste that the cheesecake was too rich for me. I had to ask my friend to help me finish the slice.

"Adieu, parting is such sweet sorrow"

RIP overly rich/sweet taste buds :sad:

Replies

• wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Opposite for me.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I have not noticed this. My love for dark chocolate burns as strong as ever.
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Opposite for me.

QFT
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    This is exactly the way I feel. I'm not even tempted.
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I have noticed it on and off.

If I haven't had time to eat all day then I won't really crave anything specific, just food in general.

If I haven't had any chocolate for a while then I tend not to crave it at all. I did have some coconut chocolate things and I regret nothing but I don't want any more now. I'm having something much more substantial for dinner :)
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    I'll eat a 5lb bag of peanut butter m&m's, a heath blizzard with chocolate ice cream, a piece of apple pie with whipped cream, and stick my mouth underneath a running faucet of hot fudge this very moment if i could.
  • Tallulah827
    Options
    I'll eat a 5lb bag of peanut butter m&m's, a heath blizzard with chocolate ice cream, a piece of apple pie with whipped cream, and stick my mouth underneath a running faucet of hot fudge this very moment if i could.

LOL! Well maybe not this, but those Cadbury Royal Dark Mini Easter Eggs I ate last night were pretty much da bomb.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options

Scoot over, I'd like to get in on that hot fudge faucet, if you don't mind.
  • Alissa_Sal
    Alissa_Sal Posts: 141
    Options
    Haha, I need a hot fudge faucet stat!
  • elusive_design
    elusive_design Posts: 1,095 Member
    Options
    Not a faucet of hot fudge.. but here you go!

wonderfall.jpg
  • KrazyDaizy
    KrazyDaizy Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Yes, please and then please pass me a bag of chips afterwards for my salt fix. Thx in advance.

*pushes you out of the way, throws head back and opens my mouth for the chocolate fudge faucet*
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    as much as I still love some sweet foods.... there are others that are just too sweet for my tastes and I can't eat them in large quantities. Which is all for the best seeing as I want to keep the portion sizes small to fit my calorie goals. But some things like krispy kreme dounts I don't even bother with, because they're too sweet and I can't even eat a whole one.... I'd rather "spend" my calories on chocolate or ice cream to be honest.... I don't have that too sweet problem with ice cream.
  • _Tara_R
    _Tara_R Posts: 688 Member
    Options

LOL This is awesome!! Can we share?? Sounded all sooooooooo very good!
  • miniimuscles
    miniimuscles Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Opposite for me.

This... sweet tooth is as ravenous as ever.
  • ren_ascent
    ren_ascent Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Moreso for salt than for sweets. But I've never been able to give up sweets for a significant period of time.
  • ScorpionQwean
    ScorpionQwean Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Yup, same w/ me. Took 3 days for those cravings to stop. Yet today, I forgot my lunch and ate ALL sweets (only thing hanging around the office) :sad:
  • laurenawolf
    laurenawolf Posts: 262 Member
    Options

I am addicted to peanut butter m&ms!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Generally, no.

But certain things are not as appealing to me anymore...grocery store basic chocolate like Snickers or Reeses cups...frosting or icing in general (used to LOVE it), plain cake or cupcakes...

Other things however, appeal to me more now than EVER...ice cream, dark chocolate, macarons, rich noosa fruity yogurts...

It's like I'm just getting pickier.
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say losing weight made me "crave less sweets", but I would say that eating better and successfully losing weight makes me more likely to control those cravings, which may make it seem like I "crave less sweets".