small accomplishment of the day

Options
i never exercise. and i have a desk job. so this...for me...is a great accomplishment. my husband got me a treadmill yesterday and i was so excited.
so today...i done 30 minutes at 3.0 with a 2% (sometimes 3%) incline and then done another 30 minutes = 1 hr :)
i'm so proud of myself. and i hope to continue on and lose this 60 lbs. :)

here's my other topic i posted: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/144253-treadmill

Replies

• CarolHudson11
    Options
    YAY for you! Tha'ts awesome! I sit at a desk all day and haven't exercised in years, either, so I know exactly where you are. And I ran up and down the stairs in my house for 15 minutes today. I honestly thought I was going to pass out before it was over. But, I'm SO proud of myself! :happy:

Keep it up, girl!
  • tawny7
    tawny7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    thanks you two and great job CarolHudson11!
  • joyce185
    Options
    great job before you know it you will be liking exercise :)
  • CarrieAbbey
    CarrieAbbey Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    awesome work, you should feel very proud of yourself. Good job, keep up the great work :bigsmile:
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    That's a BIG accomplishment! Hopefully it's the beginning of a trend. Exercise can be hard to get into, but once you develop a rhythm, you get addicted. It's important not just for weight loss, but for the many health benefits associated with exercise.
  • sbwildman
    Options
    Great job!! You'll be amazed at how fast your endurance improves once you get into the swing of things!!
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Hooray! :flowerforyou:
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    I say that's a HUGE accomplishment of the day :)

Charmagne
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    That's a BIG accomplishment! Hopefully it's the beginning of a trend. Exercise can be hard to get into, but once you develop a rhythm, you get addicted. It's important not just for weight loss, but for the many health benefits associated with exercise.

thanks. i agree. i'm wanting to lose weight. but i've noticed that it also helps with my headaches and tiredness in the evenings. for yrs my routine has been to work 8 hrs and then come home and do nothing. just sit. and i'm so tired and i get a headache almost every night. but exercising actually makes me feel much better.
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    thanks everyone!!! :) i'm so glad i have everyones support and you all motivate me!!!
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    Great job!! You'll be amazed at how fast your endurance improves once you get into the swing of things!!

thanks. yeah i keep telling myself that. i hope that after a while it'll get easier and i'll get to work out even longer.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!