Smaller Plate Size

AndyPatt
AndyPatt Posts: 8
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
I bought smaller dinner plates, I know its psychological, but it helps me curb my portion size, from the usually normal
"Too Much" on a plate
Hope this little reminder helps others?

Replies

• Thanks for the reminder. The holidays have been rough for me. I will give the new plates a try. Thanks and good luck!
  • mirenner
    mirenner Posts: 205
    great tactic... sometimes you have to fool yourself :)
  • ccgisme
    ccgisme Posts: 239 Member
    Controlling portion sizes is key. I've often thought of buying smaller plates. Please let us know how it works!
  • vickthedick
    vickthedick Posts: 136 Member
    This is such a good idea. So much of how we eat is behavior and routine. Way to go
  • Someone said that to me on day 1, and I tried it. It's day 3 and I use the salad plates instead of the big dinner plates for every meal now. It works wonders! I still get a plate "full" of food and it makes me feel like I'm eating more. :) I also cut my food into smaller bites, so I actually get more bites with the same amount of food. Any little thing that helps!
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    I've tried this too when I get the chance.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,319 Member
    Put down your fork between bites. Completely chew and swallow each bite before picking up the fork.

Oh, crap.....this is about smaller plates, and here I thought it was about me telling you all what to do.
This discussion has been closed.