Truck drivers

Options
Are there any other truck drivers out there using this app?

I would be interested in finding other drivers out there. We can trade ideas, tips & tricks. I'm looking for a related support group.

Replies

• sch1994
    sch1994 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    My Dad is one, Im looking for things to get him moving around if you have any tips, He works away 5-6 days out of the week, so any kind of exercise would really help me!
  • Da7keith
    Da7keith Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Well, some of the things I do is WALK. I try to walk at least 15 minutes every day. I usually get in at least 30. Sometimes I will walk twice a day. I walk around the outer perimeter of the truck stop.

I also stopped by Walmart and bought a resistance band so that I can get in some strength training. It gives me a decent workout and does not take up a lot of space. It is more versatile then a dumbbell. I also do push ups & squats beside my truck.

I mainly eat in the truck. I have an Igloo battery powered coolers. I stop by Walmart once a week & stock up.
    It cost me between $50 & 80 a week to eat out here. I eat A LOT of fruits and vegetables. I have cereal w/ skim milk, cut up strawberries and or banana, Hard boiled egg whites for breakfast. When I'm home, I boil up a bunch of eggs, peel them to make it easier. As I eat it, I pull out the yolk & throw it away.

I buy bags of baby carrots, celery, sugar snap peas, snow peas, green beans, a cucumber, cherry tomatoes, and anything else I might want. I then make up veggie packs. I have sandwich baggies & divvy up the veggies into serving sizes. That is my snack through out the day. I snack on raw veggies through out the day. I also bring out apples, oranges, grapefruit.
    After I finish breakfast, I will peel which ever fruit I want for the day & pull it apart or slice it into bite size pieces then put it in a baggie so that I can eat it later. I also buy whole Pineapple. I will skin it & slice it myself. Cheaper that way. I then divvy it up into serving size baggies for the week. I also buy a big bag of Grapes & break it down into serving sizes. Usually just put some in with the Pineapple. By putting it in baggies, I control the portion size, It is easier to store it that way & it's A LOT more convenient throughout the day & week.

For lunch, I usually have a salad. Sometimes I will have a wrap or something. I make my own wraps here in the truck. I buy a bag of the wraps from Walmart. They are better for you than bread AND they last longer. I will just squirt in a little mustard, Mayo, Turkey or ham, I like to add raw spinach, I'll cut up 2 or 3 cherry tomatoes, and what ever else I want to add. Or, I will make up a tuna pocket. you can get a bag of the Pita pretty cheap, (last longer than bread) I buy tuna in the pooch already made up. Put in a pita pocket add some spinach or what ever. Instead of potato chips, I get pretzel chips or the pita chips. Some times for desert, I will add a Walmart Greek Yogurt w/ fruit.

I buy the prepared salads at Walmart. The ones in the produce section by the bagged lettuce. They cost $2.98 each. They are between 230 & 290 calories. Depends on which one you get.

For dinner, I usually do about the same thing. I will just vary it somewhat. Sometimes I will just make up a wrap or 2. Or a salad & will add some Tuna or cooked chicken. Or I will go in truck stop & heat up a bowl of soup to go with I have.

Sometimes I will make up a big bowl of Tuna salad when I'm home & bring it out with me. I will use 3 or 4 cans of Tuna & add the Mayo, boiled egg whites & 1 yolk, pickle relish, celery. I put it in the Pita pockets. When I make up the actual sandwich, I will sometimes slice up a few cherry tomatoes & or grapes and put it in there.

I also carry low or non fat cheese sticks for when I need more protein. The Greek Yogurt is a good desert.

BUT,,,,,, every once in awhile, I just want to get out of the truck & eat something else. I usually stop at the TA & Petro. I just have to trust myself to make a wise choice. If I don't, I just have to work out a little harder, Walk a little longer or more often.

I have not totally done away with the other food I like, like Pizza. I just limit it and make adjustments when I decide to have it.

I hope this helps. I would like to hear some other peoples ideas & tips out there.
  • tralala99
    tralala99 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm not a truck driver but I just started a job where I drive a ton. Da7keith thank you so much for detailing your routine -- that is super helpful!
  • Corie44
    Options
    Thanks for this. I'll definitely adapt some of your ideas