Looking for Friends and Support

bambier
bambier Posts: 32
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
Hi All,

I'm joining the herd of people that sign up to lose weight in January, for me the timing is just consequential though. I have nearly 50 lbs to lose to get me down to the 150 I'd like to be under. I know I can do it, but struggle keeping on track and making good choices, so I'm hoping I can find some new friends here to help keep me fired up! I do soo much better when I'm helping other people stay on track or watching their progress, and I definitely need all the help I can get to keep me focused!

About me: I'm Female, 30, might-as-well-be-but-not-married, work full time and have a 19 month old daughter. My diet plan consists of making smarter choices, calorie cycling and some exercise, but considering it's winter and I don't have a lot of time, most of my exercise will be on the wii - good news is I got Zumba for the wii and I love it and am excited to do more of it!

Anyone out there need a friend on this crazy journey???

Replies

• You can friend me! I have been on here for about 3 weeks and it is great so far!! I am also 30 and I have 2 kids that are 6 and 3....also, I really want a Wii!!!
  • jparson714
    jparson714 Posts: 171 Member
    You are welcome to friend me. I LOVE Zumba but I don't have it on the Wii yet. I have the videos and go to a class once every other week, or more accurately, they come to work. I'm aiming for the same goal you are too! Good luck!
  • jayshann
    jayshann Posts: 39 Member
    Hey Bambier,
    I am down for a little support. We can definitely be friends.:wink:
  • pinksgirlfriend
    pinksgirlfriend Posts: 32 Member
    hi nice to meet you! i am 37 yr old mother of two great boys. ages 16 ( almost 17) and one that just turned 11.i have been o n my fitness for about 4 months and have been going to the gym about 4 times a week for a hour. im lucky i can leave the house and go to the gym because my kids are older. my friend has two little ones ages 2 and 6 and she literally has to get up at 4 am to exercise before a shower and work. if you want it- you have to find time . no excuses. you know like i know, you can do it! its hard but we all have it in us ....im so excited for you and i wish you the best of success!
  • Val_Gets_Fit
    Val_Gets_Fit Posts: 210 Member
    Hi! Welcome aboard! :smile: I'm relatively new here, too. Just started MFP about 9 days ago. :) Feel free to send a friend request. The bigger the support circle, the better, I think. :wink:
  • Hey, I'm from Australia and having just weighed myself, feeling like I need some support these days. I've lost weight over the last few years, but recently have started to put it back on and I honestly can't remember how I got it off in the first place!
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Yes, I could use all the friends I can get! Why is this so stinking hard to do?!
  • jparson714
    jparson714 Posts: 171 Member
    I think the reason I have failed is because I have no support. I've decided to change that this time. We need all the help we can get!
  • Let's motivate each other - you can be my weight loss buddy :)
  • Whew! I think I got everyone added so far -- this site is fantastic so far, thank you all for the support!!! :-D
  • laneyh42
    laneyh42 Posts: 24 Member
    Hi, just started recently and definitely could use some support and especially peer pressure!

I'm 45, about 80 lbs overweight, but still relatively healthy. I workout regularly, dont eat junk (mostly), and feel generally good about myself. But I've got to drop some of this weight because I'm just tired of feeling so heavy/bulky, and my knees are killing me! And frankly, I'm annoyed at not being able to buy the clothes I really want to wear.

I've recently started following the 4 Hour Body 'diet' and have to say that it's a bit strict, but very effective. I have so much energy its amazing. I really need to stick with it and make it a life change.

Anyway, looking forward to hearing about you, and 'airing my dirty laundry' as I try to stick to this plan.

Elaine
  • RobinAlexader
    RobinAlexader Posts: 196 Member
    oh yes I can use all the peer pressure I can get. :) anyone willing, add me.
  • mixedcooke
    mixedcooke Posts: 1 Member
    Well I just had my 2nd baby and she is going on 8 months and I am breastfeeding. i would like to go low carb since it was the only diet that has worked for me but there are no articles that support low carb and breastfeeding, so I am going to moderate it. I am in South Florida.
This discussion has been closed.