Have you noticed...

Options
2»

Replies

• fhfreedom
    fhfreedom Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Never been much of a sweets person. Don't crave them. Booze, pizza, and wings are a little tougher for me.

I suffer from this as well.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    yes. you are all coming with me.
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    :love: peanut butter M&M's:love:
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Once you cut it out for a while, yes....you crave it less.

I've also noticed that 'bad' foods like pizza and anything deep fried, does NOT taste anywhere near as good as I used to think it did!
  • rorae
    rorae Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'll eat a 5lb bag of peanut butter m&m's, a heath blizzard with chocolate ice cream, a piece of apple pie with whipped cream, and stick my mouth underneath a running faucet of hot fudge this very moment if i could.

this is perfect !
  • Sbrn_
    Sbrn_ Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Nope, I've actually gotten worse, not that I care too much. I love my sweets and I can work them into my day quite easily. I think it's because at the back of my mind I know that I can now only have them in limited amounts, so I worship every last morsel.
  • thomaszabel
    thomaszabel Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I noticed the same thing. I've read on the interwebs (and you can always believe 100% of what you read on the internet) that eating lots of sweets increases your addiction to them. Especially if it is processed foods, because corporations always add stuff in to the food to keep you coming back and buying more.

Cut out that junk for a period of time, and the sugar and chemicals that were keeping you addicted don't have the same power over you that they once had. Kind of like smoking or drinking.

You will probably still always want them once in a while, just like a former smoker or alcoholic feels the urge to have a cig or a drink once in a while, but at least it isn't near as bad as it was when you were a full-time smoker/drinker/pastry junkie.
  • alisonmarytuck
    alisonmarytuck Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I just don't crave chocolate like I used to ...which makes life easier!!
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I rarely have chocolate anymore but i do crave sweets now and then but i have granola bars which take care of it. Though i still crave regular soda now and then. I also notice that things are a lot sweeter to me after not eating them often to the point i can only stand to eat half of a portion.
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I've noticed I can now smell the sugar from the candy isle in the grocery store, and sometimes it's sickening sweet. It's incredible how much I was addicted to sugar before and now that I have cut out refined sugar and artificial sugar I don't even crave sweets.
  • _Tara_R
    _Tara_R Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    yes. you are all coming with me.

I can't wait for this!!!