Looking to be held accountable

Options
(posted this as a reply the first time :-D )

Hi, just started recently and definitely could use some support and especially peer pressure!

I'm 45, about 80 lbs overweight, but still relatively healthy. I workout regularly, dont eat junk (mostly), and feel generally good about myself. But I've got to drop some of this weight because I'm just tired of feeling so heavy/bulky, and my knees are killing me! And frankly, I'm annoyed at not being able to buy the clothes I really want to wear.

I've recently started following the 4 Hour Body 'diet' and have to say that it's a bit strict, but very effective. I have so much energy its amazing. I really need to stick with it and make it a life change.

Anyway, looking forward to hearing about you, and 'airing my dirty laundry' as I try to stick to this plan.

Elaine

Replies

• blueymo
    blueymo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Haven't heard of that diet (but not surprising). I am also in need of accountability. I am 26 and about 80 pounds overweight, but again, mostly healthy. I have been doing HCG and it has worked wonders for me. Anyway, I'm willing to help if you are willing to help me. I feel like I need help keeping myself motivated. I know what I should do, but when I don't want to I need someone who I know will kick me for falling short of what I know is right. I need someone who will be tough love. Thanks!
    I know you will do amazing here because this is an amazing community of people who are committed to helping each other reach their goals. Good luck and keep on keeping on!
  • Artsgolfwidow
    Artsgolfwidow Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    What is HCG?? And I am here to help also!
    Thanks!
    Jennifer
  • blueymo
    blueymo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    HCG seems to be highly controversial on this site, but it is a very strict, temporary diet. HCG has a really long name and researching it is always a good idea before you start. There is an awesome thread on MFP that has lots of men and women who are using it. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/138767-hcg-progress-updates-page-2-for-people-on-it-or-thinking-a That is that thread and you could also read the research by the founder (Dr. Simeon) http://hcgdietinfo.com/HCG_Diet_Dr_Simeons_Manuscript.htm. Both of these are great sources of info.
    Basically, you take a natural hormone (found in women during pregnancy) that targets stored fat (not reserve fat, not structural fat, and not muscle) and burns it very quickly. The diet implements drops or injections of this hormone and a very low calorie diet. Hard to explain in a short way. Also, you are only on this diet for a total max of 40 days. Then, to avoid your body building immunity to the hormone, you quit and maintain the loss through diet. Then, after a period of about 6 weeks you can start again to lose more. You can repeat it as many times as you would like until you reach your target. It has worked really well for me. I have been on maintenance for the weight I lost for about 6 weeks now and I am still within 2 pounds of my original ending weight. I also do NOT always follow health rules. I found it really useful, but again, do your research and decided whether it would work for you. Go stalk that thread I added up there cause those ladies and gentlemen are really awesome and have HEAPS of info!
    Keep up the good work and we are all glad you have you on this site!