Tea diversion

Options
I am finding myself drinking a lot of tea lately.. it's a great for people like me who used to eat idly or out of boredom. It's great for getting your water in and the aroma and taste is yum. Anyone else find themselves drinking a lot more tea when they started living healthier?

Replies

• AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am in love with tea.

I had Earl Grey (Bigelow) and Breathe Easy (Traditional Medicinal) already today.
  • cindagrif
    cindagrif Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I love my green/cranberry tea!:flowerforyou:
  • babydaisy81
    babydaisy81 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I've switched out my double double coffee to tea with fat free milk, at night when I crave something sweet I will often have one, and in the afternoons at work when I need to leave my desk at work, will go get a tea instead of the muffins I normally ate!
  • bethanycopley1980
    bethanycopley1980 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I simply refuse to live in a world without tea. Must be my English blood.
  • Ashaleet
    Ashaleet Posts: 59
    Options
    Yes, I am in love with tea.

I had Earl Grey (Bigelow) and Breathe Easy (Traditional Medicinal) already today.

THIS!
    Breathe Easy is fantastic.
  • mousetrousers
    mousetrousers Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm a person who always has to be sipping something or doing something with my mouth (eating or talking), so tea definitely helps. I love my green decaf tea and black caramel is good too.
  • sweetstarfruit
    sweetstarfruit Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    About a year and a half ago I started drinking tea and found myself snacking less. Without any other changes (no frequent exercising) I dropped about 10 pounds. I love tea and have more than I can handle.
  • asciiqwerty
    asciiqwerty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    drink quite a lot of black tea and black coffee both unsweetened, also fruit teas and green teas, now if i'm peckish in the afternoon, then i grab the teabag first then only after the cup of tea will i go fo hte biscuit if i still want it by then

bonus, fewer buscuits without hte cravings

in the morning i tend to fill with water from a bottle on my desk

whatever works for you is best - just watch out for hte caffeine in some of the tea ;)
  • erzilie
    erzilie Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    i was a hellacious soda drinker for a long time, and when i dropped it, i found that i had a hard time with just plain water. i switched almost exclusively to tea and have been drinking 6-8 cups of it every day for a couple of years now. i bought an electric kettle after getting sick of my stovetop one. i make pitcher after pitcher of iced tea in the summer. i make sun tea. i make moon tea. i cold brew in my fridge. i make a huge kettle of tea in the morning and drink it throughout the day. i buy tea leaves in bulk because it's cheaper and i like to think i am refined and classy, but find myself reaching for tea bags anyway. i'm terrible.

right now i'm working on boxes of lemon ginger & honey chamomile, and both are kicking *kitten* (the honey chamomile especially with milk and sugar if i roll in under calories for the day and want a late-night dessert). tea is the best.
  • NumbrsNerd
    NumbrsNerd Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I love tea!! I replaced a 6-8 can per day diet soda habit with tea; a little green tea with caffeine, but more often than not, herbal teas. My favorites are Numi's Gunpowder Green tea, and Traditional Medicinal's Easy Now tea.
  • suncluster
    suncluster Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I start and end pretty much every day with a cup of green tea :drinker:
  • Slc1emc2
    Slc1emc2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Now that you mention it, I have been drinking more of both the hot and iced teas! For ice tea, I actually buy Lipton's Cold Brewed tea bags and make sun tea. EVERYONE in my house loves it!!!