The shred diet

Options
Hello, I'm new to this forum but I wanted to know if anyone has tried the shred diet? I stared 2 weeks ago and today is the beginning of my third week and I'm about to give up. The food is great I have followed it to a T. I exercise 5 days a week for about 1 1/2 hours and the results of that I've only lost 3lbs! What I'm doing wrong? :sad:

Replies

• alikonda
    alikonda Posts: 2,358 Member
    Options
    3 pounds in two weeks is REALLY good. Sounds like you're succeeding. There are no shortcuts in lasting weight loss.
  • twopatternsky
    Options
    Alikonda is right. You want the weight to stay off so you want to do it right. It's going to be a long process. Keep going. It's amazing how much you'll see 5 months from now. Don't give up! Eat right and exercise.
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options
    keep your protein up, and keep at it. You are doing great!!!! Doesn't sound like you are doing anything wrong, that is good steady HEALTHY weight loss.
  • melissaka7
    melissaka7 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    3lbs is really good for 2 weeks. Don't give up. You didn't put the weight on over night & it's not going to come off overnight. Keep up the hard work!
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    i think your doing fab! like they all say, its a long process! stick to it, you got his!!
  • SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    3lbs in 2 weeks is good.. try to not set unrealistic expectations or you will be get discouraged
  • johnelwell
    johnelwell Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    you are doing nothing wrong, that is a good steady and sensible loss. If a friend asks me to help them lose weight and I break down their intake requirements then I will always suggest going for one pound per week. so you can see you are doing really well.
    Please feel free to add me if you wish
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I would kill for 1.5 per week
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    3 pounds in two weeks is REALLY good. Sounds like you're succeeding. There are no shortcuts in lasting weight loss.

This. Over a pound a week is more then enough. You're doing great!
  • inkydnk3
    inkydnk3 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    3 pounds in two weeks??? That's GREAT! Keep in mind you're loosing inches too. Pounds and inches go hand in hand. Both are important. You'll be amazed at the transformation in just a few months.....if you keep at it....
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Great progress. 3 lbs in 2 weeks is fantastic! Why would you want to give up on what's working?
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    What are you doing wrong? The answer is: setting your expectations too high. According to the ticker on your profile page, you have about 20 pounds to lose so a healthy rate of weight loss would be somewhere between 1/2 and 1 pound per week. You've surpassed that and therefore should be happy!

Stop being so hard on yourself and be proud of your accomplishments!!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    What I'm doing wrong? :sad:

Not realizing your success.
  • mjlong
    mjlong Posts: 73 Member
    Options

This! 3 pounds is great!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    What was your expectation?
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options

What he said. It's a safe weight loss that let's you know you're doing it right and on your way. And it isn't a process. Eating healthy, and exercising is the way to get and be healthy for life. :)
  • Evyc12
    Evyc12 Posts: 3
    Options
    Wowww! I'm amazed by how much support we get here. Thank you all I won't give up I guess I'm going by the reviews I'm reading where people are loosing like 5-7 lbs a week. My friend did the same diet, did not exercise at all and lost 5lbs the first week for a total of 25lbs in six weeks. I guess we are all different and I do want to do it in a healthy way.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Wowww! I'm amazed by how much support we get here. Thank you all I won't give up I guess I'm going by the reviews I'm reading where people are loosing like 5-7 lbs a week. My friend did the same diet, did not exercise at all and lost 5lbs the first week for a total of 25lbs in six weeks. I guess we are all different and I do want to do it in a healthy way.

yeah, exactly. EVERYONE is different. We can give advice based on guidelines and go from there. I lost a TON of weight when I first started, but again... I had a ton that I could afford to lose.

Find what works for you, is sustainable, healthy, and stick with it. Don't worry about what your friend may be doing.
  • bcarothers2
    Options

I am also on The Shred diet and reading his book he says the closer you are to your goal weight the less you will lose per week. I am a long way away from my goal because I just started so I expect to lose more each week but you are so close to your goal you will lose less each week. Also a loss is a loss so take that as a major positive. Your doing great.
  • sjeannie
    sjeannie Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    So happy I saw this. I just go the book on my Kindle a few days ago and am almost ready to start the program.