30 day shred anyone??

Options

Replies

• Dorecos
    Dorecos Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Well.. I was gonna post before pics but eww!! I'll pass and just do measurements instead.

Height - 5'1"
    Weight - 145 lbs
    Waist - 34.5"
    Bust - 38"
    Hips - 41
    Thunder Thighs - 24"
    Arms - 12"

I had a baby almost 15 months ago. During my pregnancy I gained 40+ lbs. I lost it all and then some but I'm still not where I want to be. I'm hoping I can see a difference in the tummy and thunder thighs.
  • vaninags
    vaninags Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    count me in. I have started my level 2 .
  • crispsandwich
    crispsandwich Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Also finding the jumping jacks a killer on the knees! does anyone have an alternative to them or do you just not "jump" as much
  • Dorecos
    Dorecos Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Crispsandwich there's another forum on here called 30DS alternatives to jumping jacks that gives some pretty good alternatives
  • hoppa321
    hoppa321 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Here is a link to a lower impact jumping jack alternative - called power jacks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g1T-ff07kMhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g1T-ff07kM
  • MichelleRenee_76
    MichelleRenee_76 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I did my first round on level 1. A little weak today from the arm weights and the squats!
  • redpandora56
    redpandora56 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 30! I have definition in my arms and thighs, my butt looks good in my jeans and I can see some ab definition coming through.

Guys, it will get hard but do not stop! Take a rest day if you need it then get back to it. Trust me this was my third attempt at doing it, never made it all the way before but so glad I did. The results at the end are worth the effort in the middle.

Anyone doing it that needs help or support, eve just a little motivation, add me! Happy to help you get to your day 30 :smile:

Going to go back to turbo fire again now but throw in a few 30ds Workouts now and then to mix it up and check my fitness. I really enjoyed level 3.

Good luck all!
  • gcastellano83
    gcastellano83 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I watched the video yesterday and was like okay this is easy looking enough. Boy was I wrong!! I was dying! My day 2 starts today and I found this printout to use to help me stay on track.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-qjLTbIrKqpc/UQQuVSRTukI/AAAAAAAADlQ/gCOwGLnqp4c/s1600/30+day+shred+planner.jpg

I had a lot of trouble with the jumping jacks because I have regular migraines and movements like that really get to me and bring it out. I probably only did about 15 of the 30 seconds for both jumping jacks and jump ropes. I'll keep working on it though. I'm feeling under the weather (migraine, backache, sore throat, etc) but will still start my day2. Its good to know I'm not alone on this 30 day journey. I know we will all have amazing results if we keep at it :)
    Good luck ladies! <3
  • adora85
    adora85 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Im starting ripped in 30 today (also by Jillian, same program). Does that count?
  • MsSouthernBelle5
    MsSouthernBelle5 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Is anyone doing any other workouts while you are doing the 30DS? I was thinking about adding the Zumba Cardio Party DVD on Tuesdays & Thursdays (mainly because I like Zumba because I've never really heard many testimonies on weight loss from Zumba) I also plan to do a 7 mile walk on Friday, Saturday, & Sundays
  • hoppa321
    hoppa321 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I'm running 3-4 days a week and currently on day 22 of 30 day ab challenge.

Day 5 Level 1 of the shred completed today!
  • Conquer14
    Conquer14 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 5 of level 2. Lost a half of an inch from my waist, an inch from my hips and an in from butt with level 1. I probablt will be the same at the end of level 2 but it will be fine. Came close yesterday to saying f*** this during my workout. I was fed up with it. I hate level 2! I'm sure level 3 won't be fun either, but I am also one who quits things and I'm going to finish it!
  • luzdelua
    luzdelua Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Today I completed Day 2 of Level 1.

I also jog 15 minutes and walk 20 minutes before beginning the video. OMG!
  • MrsPaulSmith
    MrsPaulSmith Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Day 3 level 1 done.
  • redpandora56
    redpandora56 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 5 of level 2. Lost a half of an inch from my waist, an inch from my hips and an in from butt with level 1. I probablt will be the same at the end of level 2 but it will be fine. Came close yesterday to saying f*** this during my workout. I was fed up with it. I hate level 2! I'm sure level 3 won't be fun either, but I am also one who quits things and I'm going to finish it!

I hated level 2 and twice quit because of it. Trust me, stick it out, level 3 is better. It's tough but I loved it. As much as it sucks, level 2 gives you the ab and shoulder strength you need to take on level 3.
  • Conquer14
    Conquer14 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

I hated level 2 and twice quit because of it. Trust me, stick it out, level 3 is better. It's tough but I loved it. As much as it sucks, level 2 gives you the ab and shoulder strength you need to take on level 3.
    [/quote]

I did 2 days of level 2 and hurt my knee. But, on that second day by abs were killing me. I couldn't do a push up because my abs were so sore and felt like I was tearing them if I tried to do one. Hurt for a few days. Now that I finally got to start back, they haven't beem sore at all which seems strange.
  • Kiki_StartingOver
    Kiki_StartingOver Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Day 5 of Level 1 for 30 Day Shred.
    Day 1 of C25K
    Elliptical 15 minute workout

I am also doing Zumba three or four times a week and just started C25K today :D I feel amazing. Having a hard time staying with Jillian all the way through, especially jumping jacks but I am pushing through.

AND, I could do more push ups today! Modified but I did more than I did on Day 1, so yay :) I have also lost three pounds since last week :)
  • jessannprice
    jessannprice Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Once you're finished with 30 day shred... Start Power Circuit Training with Jackie Turner (get a heavier set of dumbbells too!)

You won't regret it! I promise!!
  • ceasingfeline
    ceasingfeline Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I start day 1 of level 2 today - thanks you guys for making me feel excited by it (not!).

I'm also doing JM's Burn Fat Boost Metabolism once a week, swimming once a week and netball twice a week.

I have only lost one pound but I feel stronger and better within my self (I did 3 push ups day 1 and on day 10 I did 15) and I'm trying to learn not to rely on outside measures too much, more how I feel on the inside.

Keep it up ladies!
  • adora85
    adora85 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Has anyone stuck with this? I am doing Ripped in 30 by Jillian instead. On day 7 of level 3. Starting the "mother of all workouts" level 4 tomorrow!

Any others making progress?