MFP Forever?

Options
My friends and family think that loggin food on MFP must be tiresome and tedious. This is why they "can't do it." For myself, I find it interesting and rewarding. I have been asked if this is just something I am going to do while I am losing weight or if I plan to just do it forever. I am not sure I have an answer for this.

Question: When you reach your goals, do you still plan to log your food on MFP to maintain or will you stop using the site? What are your post-success plans for MFP?

--Carter

Replies

• PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,740 Member
    Options
    I've been maintaining and logging since March. The food diary is such an elegant, effective tool, I don't see any reason not to use it for as long as it's available.
  • TaneeisFitforLife
    Options
    While I was maintaining from Feb - August this year, I still logged my food everyday. This time it won't be any different :)
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Once I'm maintaining I may not log every single day but I'll definitely do it a few days a week to make sure I'm still on track. Kind of like when I had gestational diabetes and I had the option of only checking my blood sugar a couple days a week.
  • somigliana
    somigliana Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    MFP is part of my daily routine now; it's quick and easy for me now that I have my most used foods all in the database. I've been maintaining and using MFP since July, and it's working well for me. I believe maintenance is just as much of a challenge as losing the weight; watching intake and exercise is just a part of a healthier lifestyle I want to continue with for the rest of my life.
  • nikkiloh
    nikkiloh Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    iam so proud of you and your weight loss. i would like to loose 135 lbs and it seems impossible for me, but you are an inspiration-keep up the great work -you look amazing!!!!!
  • qtwells82
    Options
    Forever for sure!