400 Calorie Lunch Ideas? Pictures??

Options
I usually eat about 300-400 Calories for lunch and am looking to mix things up a bit. Any ideas?
This is what I had yesterday. 1med Baked Sweet Potato, 1/2 avocado with sliced cherry tomatoes, 1 cup mixed green salad with light raspberry vinaigrette. 617b14c1-ff77-48c0-9b69-ef8c8e4f2e5b_zps667fa335.jpg

Replies

• donyelmeese5
    donyelmeese5 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I like to have 4 oz of seared salmon (about 194 calories) and then 2 cups of broccoli (60 calories), sautéed in 1 tablespoon of olive oil (about 120 calories).

So delicious!
  • megans1980
    megans1980 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat pita with half a chicken breast and
    Mini cup of Avocado spread
    *cucumber salad
    *100 calorie ritz mix

hits the spot and is 390 calories!
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    I just had a giant brownie, 428 calories, not bad.

Rigger
  • Ashaleet
    Ashaleet Posts: 59
    Options
    My lunch was a little more than 400 cals today. 6 oz chicken, 1 cup chicken broth, 1 cup rice, 1 cup onions. Made a pretty big soup.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    My lunch today:

Sara Lee - 100% Whole Wheat Bread Classic, 2 Slice 26g 160 30 1 6 0 280
    Eggs - Hard-boiled (whole egg), 2 large 155 1 11 13 0 124
    Best Foods - Mayo With Olive Oil, 1 Tbsp 60 1 6 0 0 120
    Mangos - Raw, 1 fruit without refuse 135 35 1 1 4 4
    Total Calories 510

I know it's a bit over your desired 400, but have just one egg and maybe a little less mayo (I made egg salad) or 1 slice of bread as open faced sandwich, and you can easily do the 400.
  • jwooley13
    jwooley13 Posts: 243
    Options
    I'm not sure if you're a tuna person or not, but I make a low-cal tuna salad with olive oil, brown mustard, and capers. I usually just use 5oz of tuna (you could substitute chicken, salmon, egg, or whatever), a half tbsp of olive oil, one tbsp of spicy brown mustard, and one tbsp of capers. This usually leaves me with plenty of calories left over to stick it in a pita or a wrap. Sometimes I also add avocado, sun dried tomatoes, or other veggies. Really satisfying and high in protein.
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    You could modify the lunch I had yesterday:
    1 bag of Nasoya zero plus pasta (fetuccini style)
    6 oz. - 99% fat free ground turkey breast
    1/2 can (149 g) - Campbell's - Ready to Serve Cream of Mushroom Low Sodium Soup
    7 oz. - Fresh Selections, Whole White Mushrooms
    5 oz. - Yellow Onion

That would be about 395-400 calories even.
  • Ashaleet
    Ashaleet Posts: 59
    Options
    Honestly though, if you're looking to "mix things up" just eat what you're in the mood to eat. I do it all of the time. I wanted a big fat juicy burger the other day. So I made one. 100 calorie thin sandwich bun, 4 oz lean ground beef, 1 tbs ketchup, and one slice of reduced fat colby jack cheese from sargento. Plus lettuce and tomato.
    More often than not, if you just make a few adjustments and weigh and measure your food--you can eat what you're in the mood for. Tacos. PB&J. Grilled Cheese. Because let's face it- eventually you're going to start REALLY resenting salads if you deprive yourself of foods you love.
  • NualaTW
    NualaTW Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I usually eat lots of leftovers for lunch from stuff I cook for dinner. But some of my fave lunches for 400 cals or less:

1656429_10201516327926536_330071622_n.jpg

Smoked salmon and avocado toast w/side of roasted veggies (this lunch was w/asparagus)

1653681_10201584295305678_1842079055_n.jpg

Polenta Veggie Bake (Eggplant, tomatoes, zucchini, cheese baked over bed of polenta)

222403_10200340998624038_930024739_n.jpg

Quinoa and Black Bean Chili
  • astylla
    astylla Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    This was my lunch today :

1 cup ground turkey with taco seasoning ( drained)
    1/4 cup Sargento Natural Cheddar Cheese
    4 stalks steamed organic broccolini ( seasoned with olive oil,lemon juice,garlic, honey)
    Water with lemon juice

Total :418 calories

012ca696-17cc-46c3-a27c-a57cfcd13f31_zpsf2129ec9.jpg
  • DrJenO
    DrJenO Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Quinoa with turkey chili, for about 400 cal

Turkey meatballs w/ sauce with brown rice, about 300 cal

Half a grilled cheese w/ tomato basil soup, 440 cal
  • them_and_me
    them_and_me Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Honestly though, if you're looking to "mix things up" just eat what you're in the mood to eat. I do it all of the time. I wanted a big fat juicy burger the other day. So I made one. 100 calorie thin sandwich bun, 4 oz lean ground beef, 1 tbs ketchup, and one slice of reduced fat colby jack cheese from sargento. Plus lettuce and tomato.
    More often than not, if you just make a few adjustments and weigh and measure your food--you can eat what you're in the mood for. Tacos. PB&J. Grilled Cheese. Because let's face it- eventually you're going to start REALLY resenting salads if you deprive yourself of foods you love.

Yup!
  • starsandowls
    starsandowls Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Homemade tortilla soup with 1/4 oz. shredded Mexican cheese mix and 6 oz. strawberries... comes in at 334. The soup recipe is on Epicurious. I don't do the fried tortilla part; I just use 1/2 oz tortilla chips instead. I do homemade soup and fruit most days. Other days, I do some sort of fancy salad. I get really particular about meal salads and have decided the perfect ratio is 2 1/2 oz lettuce, 3 oz lean protein, a small quantity (1/8-1/2 oz, depending on what) of two or three other things, like cheese, croutons, bacon, cherry tomatoes, onions, etc., and 1 oz dressing. Sorry no pictures, but maybe an idea or two.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Today I have 100g (raw weight, was 70g cooked) of chicken in 200g of mixed stir fry veg with 1/2 cup of brown rice and 1 1/2 tbs of hoisin sauce with extra chilli and garlic @ 366 calories.

No pics, but it's yummy and very filling! You can change up the stirfry sauce for whatever floats your boat.
  • nurse_shell74
    nurse_shell74 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    This might sound boring but I sautéed ground turkey with onions and drizzled it with siracha and braggs liquid aminos and ate it over brown rice. It was soooo simple but yummy ...my daughter even said it was good.
  • zillah73
    zillah73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    My lunches this week are 424 calories, 20g protein. Tofu Steak with spicy tomato-olive sauce over whole wheat penne and some fresh strawberries & blackberries in a little unsweetened flax milk. Easily kept me full until my afternoon snack at around 4pm.
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    My lunch was 402 cals today. I made a Bento box lunch - Karaage Chicken, tamagoyaki, 1/2 chicken sushi roll, bread n butter cucumber pickle, carrots, cucumber, soy sauce.

Everything homemade so I know what was in it.
  • VoodooSyxx
    VoodooSyxx Posts: 297
    Options
    I eat a lot of Turkey Stir-Fry cooked up in bulk. 1lb. of ground turkey, two 1lb. bags of mixed veggies and 6 tbls. of low sodium teriyaki sauce. I split it between four containers. Depending on the veggies used it comes out between 295-300 calories a container.