Squatting, heavy lifts and now my jeans are tight

Options
Looking for jeans made specifically for women that lift weights. I've seen a couple of start ups on kick start but need something now. Looking for a specialty company. I've tried dozens of different brands and always have trouble with waist not fitting, butt fitting great and legs being extremely tight. I don't want to wear jeggings/leggings or just stretchy jeans or something that will be saggy after a few hours. Hard to show off my curves and muscles when I feel like I look frumpy in my clothes. Any suggestions?

Replies

• dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Keep lifting.. you are probably retaining water.

My brutally honest advice is to stop buying jeans.. I know I'm not alone in this department but it's been over a decade since I could find a pair of jeans that accommodated my hip/thighs. Also if you are wearing something that sags, it's either crappy material or it's too small for you.
  • walkwithme1
    walkwithme1 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I buy buckle and gap jeans. I've lost inches in my waist and since I started lifting my butt is a lot tighter and higher and my quad size has increased. So it's not a matter of crappy material or that I buy clothes too small. My body has changed for the better since I started working out and need to update my wardrobe.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I buy buckle and gap jeans. I've lost inches in my waist and since I started lifting my butt is a lot tighter and higher and my quad size has increased. So it's not a matter of crappy material or that I buy clothes too small. My body has changed for the better since I started working out and need to update my wardrobe.
    Welcome to hips/butt and small waist problem. I haven't found a solution yet. I hear high wasted stuff is getting more popular. I got excited until I tried stuff on and the waist floated on me and the *kitten* was still tight. And I have no thighs...I don't think I can get thighs...I'd be happy if I found a pair of fitted jeans.
  • paj315
    paj315 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I've had the same problem. I have several pairs that won't go up over the quads anymore. I have had good luck with miss me curvy fit jeans and also Rock Revival Curvy Fit jeans! Both do have some stretch but the lighter washes don't stretch hardly at all. Good luck!
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options
    When someone says, "jeggings/leggings or just stretchy jeans or something that will be saggy after a few hours" I think clothes that fit and are of good material don't do that. Leggings that fit you properly won't sag or roll over. Those GAP jeans aren't made for women who have booty and thick legs.

And to answer the question you original asked (as I got caught up in your saggy comment), I have not heard of any speciality companies that sell weightlifter jeans. You either find jeans that fit somewhere or you don't buy them. They don't make jeans like they used to.. I think yoga pants are much better for showing off curves but you don't sound open to that.
  • archaichoney
    archaichoney Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    It's plain ol' being swole.
  • msbeeblebrox
    msbeeblebrox Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    7 for all Mankind have worked wonderfully for me in the past. I also think that White House Black Market makes some great jeans.
  • walkwithme1
    Options
    I actually love to wear a great fitting pair of jeans. (Husband loves it too) I do wear yoga pants at home and when I work out but that's it. There is a new company starting up called barbell denim I think, but going to be a while before they're in business. ????
  • K8Fit
    K8Fit Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You find a pair of jeans that fit your hip/thigh area and you take them to a tailor for the waist to be altered. Just make sure you wash them a couple of times before alterations.
  • SuperWhoLock24601
    SuperWhoLock24601 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Loft curvy jeans work sometimes for me. I know what you mean. My waist is smaller, but good luck getting my old pants over my quads and bootie. I am wearing a lot more maxi skirts now. :laugh:
  • momxs2
    momxs2 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Seven of all Mankind Dojo jeans...my favorite!

I have big butt, thighs, smaller waist and I do lots of squats with heavy weight.
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options
    What about bootcut styles? I still think jeans are different today but bootcut always seems to be wider. Alteration is a good idea too
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    send me 199.99 and I will send you my "squatter jeans" guaranteed to make dat *kitten* pop like a mo fo!
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Gap curvy boot cut jeans. Even some of their "standard" fit jeans fit me pretty well and I have 25" thighs.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    You find a pair of jeans that fit your hip/thigh area and you take them to a tailor for the waist to be altered. Just make sure you wash them a couple of times before alterations.
    yep.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I like True Religion. I have a booty, but my thighs are trim.

They're all I wear. I haven't found a pair of jeans made by any other company that fits me nearly as well.
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    AppleBottom jeans, duh! They were made for women with bigger butt and thighs and smaller waist.
  • LoveMyLife_NYC
    LoveMyLife_NYC Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Bumping because I have the same problem. My pants fit well if you look at me from the front, but as soon as I turn around... BAM! totally inappropriate! :blushing:

Low rise jeans help me with the waist gap issue, but I still have a problem finding jeans that fit my booty. Curvy cut jeans fit the booty, but they are also too big in the hips.
  • walkwithme1
    Options
    Saw these and am waiting for the company to be up and running.