will I mess up my progress with fast food?

Options
I ask because I work at dunkin donuts and I eat there (obviously) Monday thru Friday. I'll usually have a bagel with light cream cheese or a wrap. Do you think this can harm my journey to become fit?

Replies

• HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • steph6467
    steph6467 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you eat the other 90% of the time.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    fitness and weight loss are not the same thing.

You get fit from exercise.

You lose weight from a calorie deficit.

Eating fast food that fits into your plan for a cal deficit is fine. I wouldn't make it the majority of my diet though.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

Eating fast food that fits into your plan for a cal deficit is fine. I wouldn't make it the majority of my diet though.

once again chris is spot on ..

OP - what are your goals? If just lose weight, then eat in a deficit and you will lose weight.

if at some point you want to add muscle, or cut down to a certain body % macro adherence will become more and more important; however, at end of day it is still about calorie deficit….
  • jardimgirl
    jardimgirl Posts: 522 Member
    Options

OP - what are your goals? If just lose weight, then eat in a deficit and you will lose weight.

if at some point you want to add muscle, or cut down to a certain body % macro adherence will become more and more important; however, at end of day it is still about calorie deficit….

My goal is to be lean with a nice flat belly :)
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    "will I mess up my progress with fast food?"

I don't know, will you? Kind of a personal question that no one but you can answer.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I ask because I work at dunkin donuts and I eat there (obviously) Monday thru Friday. I'll usually have a bagel with light cream cheese or a wrap. Do you think this can harm my journey to become fit?

I work at a junior high school, but I don't eat the food there. If you think the food at Dunkin Donuts meets your nutritional and calorie needs, fine. If you find that you are missing important nutrients, bring your own food.
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    It can harm your health, but weight loss goals.. No
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

My goal is to be lean with a nice flat belly :)

then at some point you are probably not going to want to eat Dunking Donuts every day …but then again I do not know what the rest of your diary looks like ….

at first you can just drop weight, but as you get closer to your goal it is going to take more dedication, logging, and adherence to macros...
  • asianrunner
    asianrunner Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Just because you work at a fast food joint, does not mean you have to eat there!

I also work at an elementary school and never eat the food there. I'd say 95% of the staff bring their lunch every day!

As long as it fits into your cals, I wouldn't worry.