What do YOU eat for.....

Breakfast....

Lunch...

Dinner....

Replies

• thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Since today is my feast day I had a footlong sub at subway, and for dinner will have a bleu cheese burger with fries. Will be around my maintain weight.

and then from 2000 tonite until 2000 tomorrow I wont have anything other than maybe a small salad, and then for dinner something around 500 calories.

PRetty simple
  • jancie84
    jancie84 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Since today is my feast day I had a footlong sub at subway, and for dinner will have a bleu cheese burger with fries. Will be around my maintain weight.

and then from 2000 tonite until 2000 tomorrow I wont have anything other than maybe a small salad, and then for dinner something around 500 calories.

PRetty simple

What do you mean your feast day? Do you "fast" once a week? Is this healthy?
  • thavoice
    Options
    Check out the 5:2, alternate day fasting, and the other similiar lifestyles. There are some groups on here, and alternate day fasting on facebook has some great groups. There are diff ways to go about it.

There are quite a few health benefits to it. I had a book called Eat. Stop. Eat.
    They really do debunk alot of diet myths and tell why this does work, and yes it can be very healthy.

It is just another way of creating a caloric deficit.
    I enjoy it as I go on 24 hour cycles, meaning I dont go a full day without eating, must 24 hour cycle of eat at your maintain calories, and 24 hours of fasting (some do up to 500 calories in that time). I do it 3 times a week, m-w-f and sat eat my maintain and the other 3 "feast" days I eat just below the maintain weight.
  • thavoice
    Options
    http://www.webmd.boots.com/diet/features/is-fasting-good-for-your-health

You can google it and there is alot of stuff out there. PEople have lots of success at it, and once you realize that MOST times you eat is because you really are just thirsty, or the clock says it is time to eat, and we eat when we really dont need it.
  • jancie84
    jancie84 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Ekk! I definite couldn't do that. I'd have one raging headache for one!

I don't think I could maintain that lifestyle either......
  • thavoice
    Options
    Not for everyone, but I love it. Holiday? BIrthday? Party? No problem, that is just a feast day and no more fretting about always having to eat a certain way every single day, every meal.

As for headaches...I got some for caffeine withdrawal, but you can have black coffee whenever so that took care of that until I weened myself off.

WHEN I get to where I need to be It will just be 1 -2 days a week, which is pretty easy to do if you get busy at work and dont eat until dinner.
  • rachaelbmh
    Options
    Here are a few of my go-to's:

Breakfasts... eggs, GF toast with almond butter or mashed avocado, oatmeal with nuts/fruit preserves/cinnamon, green smoothies
    Lunches... soups/chili, dinner leftovers, whole grain salads, green salads
    Dinners... lots of crock-pot meals for easy cooking, chicken & braised greens, "unfried" rice, quinoa pilaf, chicken sausage/pasta/veggies, taco salads
  • TexasGal1
    TexasGal1 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Morning snack - banana or apple
    Breakfast - Oatmeal. Last couple of days, I've been mixing Simply Jif into my oatmeal after it's cooked.
    Lunch - Yogurt with blueberries, veggies, other stuff (usually leftovers from the night before).
    Supper - Various.

Hubby has been wonderful - fixing supper for us and saving any and all labels so I can scan them into MFP. :heart:
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: usually a slice of toast or half a bagel, with butter or cream cheese, and about 3 pots of coffee (OK, really, just 2-3 cups, with a little lowfat milk in each).

Lunch: (1) a sandwich with meat (ham, beef, or poultry), a little cheese, mustard, and lettuce, with a piece of fruit and sometimes some carrots or celery. Or (2) hummus with vegetables and pita or tortilla chips.

Dinner: I have about a hundred recipes that I rotate through for dinner. Cooking is a major stress reliever for me, and my wife hates eating the same thing day after day, so I usually try to have different meals at least 4 nights a week. Tonight was coho salmon with pepper sautéed in olive oil, with rice and steamed broccoli, followed by a tossed salad and (since we had guests) a cheese plate. Last night was turkey stew with spinach, sweet potatoes, and peanut butter—I made a huge pot of it with Thanksgiving leftovers and then froze containers that usually last until April or May. Sunday night was a vegan Ethiopian-inspired stew with onions, tomatoes, ginger, garlic, tempeh, and a mixture of spices, over rice.

In general, a lot of our dinners are a variant on protein (meat, poultry, fish, legumes) + starch (rice, pasta, bread, potatoes, sweet potatoes) + veggies (either in the main dish, on the side, or in a salad), with seasonings and condiments. I use MFP's recipe creator to enter the ingredients (after weighing) and figure out the calories per serving.

My snacks are usually just an after-work cocktail with pickles, carrots, or chips. I avoid snacking during the day.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - couple of eggs with some bread, tuna and cottage cheese on toast, ham cheese and spinach muffin...

Lunch - Chicken stir fry with brown rice, homemade chicken/beef and veg soup, vietnamese cold rolls, salad with protein and dressing...

Dinner - marinated meat with steamed/stirfried veg or salad with rice/potato/pasta/couscous, enchiladas, tacos, pasta bolognaise with a mix of pasta and veg, chicken and vege hotpot, beef stroganoff with rice, lemon chicken with "fried" rice and stir fry veg...
  • mungowungo
    mungowungo Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    This might seem glib but I eat food - what I feel like - I try to include some protein with every meal - that's it. Nothing special or magical I just keep an eye on portion size and total calories at the end of the day.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    This might seem glib but I eat food - what I feel like - I try to include some protein with every meal - that's it. Nothing special or magical I just keep an eye on portion size and total calories at the end of the day.
    basically this

OP, what other folks eat may not fit into what you need to lose.

Eat what you like, just less of it if you have to... and make it fit into your calorie/macro goals. Keep it simple.
  • asianrunner
    asianrunner Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    B-quiche, bagel w/ cheese, or toast w/ pb

L-turkey and spinach sandwich, baby carrots, yogurt w/ fruit or fruit

D-varies, but a big hit are banana pancakes! Also like english muffin pizzas or sloppy joes for quick meals

Snacks: pita chips, fruit, dry cereal, string cheese, pop-tart, etc
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    basically this

OP, what other folks eat may not fit into what you need to lose.

Eat what you like, just less of it if you have to... and make it fit into your calorie/macro goals. Keep it simple.

That. ^

My diary is open if you want to have a look. :smile:
  • stoerkel
    stoerkel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: A green smoothie - a cup almond milk, handful or two of baby kale or spinach, one banana, 1 to 2 cups frozen fruit,
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    This is what I had today (which is a work day)....

Breakfast: Waffles, sausage patties, coffee
    Snack: Ham sandwich and a banana
    Lunch: Taco lasagna, salad, 2 cookies
    Snack: Vanila greek yogurt with granola
    Late snack: Twix ice cream bar

Here is what I ate last Wednesday when I had the day off work:

Breakfast: 2 Eggs, 2 strips of bacon, toast w/ jam, cantaloupe, coffee w/ cream and sugar
    Lunch: Skipped as I had a late breakfast
    Dinner: Chicken Tacoes (4)
    Evening snack/dessert: Angel Food Cake, Sugared strawberries, ice cream, whip cream
  • kedlyo
    kedlyo Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Here's the EASY delicious breakfast shake that I eat everyday. For me, you can't beat chocolate & peanut butter shakes!
    1 C Almond Milk
    1 Scoop chocolate protein powder
    2 tsp. PB2 or Chocolate PB2
    8-10 ice cubes
    Blend & enjoy!