and i had to ruin in!

Options
I have been back and forth on MPF. I had 45lbs to lose and lost 30, but gained it back in a year. This is my second day and it was going very clean until I decided to eat a burger and fries...i''m horrible

Replies

• amysgottadothisthang
    amysgottadothisthang Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    You are not horrible! You are human. Tomorrow is a new start! :)
  • tahneesummers88
    tahneesummers88 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You're not horrible whatsoever.

Very human indeed. As said above!

tomorrow is definitely a new start.. we can do this! I was the same today. Some days are bad, others are amazing! It's about a lifestyle change, and i can assure you its not done overnight!!
  • cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Within my first week on here a friend invited me out for wings. I went and ate about 12 super rich buffalo wings. Got back on track the next day and have been doing pretty well since. I'll probably go out for wings again sometime, though. Just get back at it and you'll be fine
  • Xingy01
    Xingy01 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    A burger and fries isn't going to make you gain weight. You didn't ruin anything. We have cravings and for some people, it's better to give in to those cravings than to binge later because you denied yourself that food. I used to stress out about "cheating" and such, which just caused me to give up out of frustration. You have to learn to accept all foods and eat smaller portions of the calorie dense stuff. Cutting it out completely is so much harder than just incorporating it into your diet.
  • them_and_me
    them_and_me Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Giving into your cravings isn't a horrible thing! Just have to learn to use the tools to incorporate those things into your diet. Next time you're craving a burger, try putting it into your food diary before you eat. See if you can make any modifications to reduce the calories or portion it out better. For me, it's a lot easier to eat half my french fries or drop the condiments when I know it will still result in a successful day :) It's a win win!

All the best to you!