From behind the desk to in the gym

Options
Hey there! Nice to meet you. :)

I'm a 21 year old female from the UK. 5"11 and anything between 140 and 150lbs (usually around 144). Scrawny upper body, muscular legs, hip bones wide enough to house a couple of beach balls.

I came here because I live a relatively sedentary life style and, as my username suggests, I spend most of the day behind a desk and have been doing all my life. I've always been somewhat of a nerd and I was always picked last for any sport that didn't require a lot of height. As of such, I grew to resent sports and relied solely on diet to keep me in the normal BMI range.

However, now's time for change! Thanks to some physical limitations I need to be having kids before 30 and to do that I have to be in tip-top shape. I also want to set my body up for later on in life so that I can continue to be an active mature person. I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to shape up a bit too - I'm in reasonably good shape now, but I think I could stand to shave some off my bodyfat percentage and add some muscle weight.

My main goals are to strengthen the upper body, which is my weak half, gain overall fitness, boost my immune system and generally be able to bench something that doesn't look like a five year old would have no trouble with it.

So yeah - I'm here to go big or go home!

Replies