40-something looking for some buddies in weight loss journey

Options
Hi all. Looking for others who want to share experiences , motivation and support in their weight loss journey. I'm a 46 year old mom who works full time and has a hard time planning healthy meals. Let's do this together!! Good luck everyone. ????

Replies

• incantarix
    Options
    Hi! I am 43, trying to lose almost 100lbs, and also work full time. I work second shift and have a difficult time scheduling my meals in a way that I am not starving, or eating too late.

Please feel free to add me! I am online here every single day and really enjoy helping to motivate everyone on my friends list!
  • Spiritwarrior3000
    Spiritwarrior3000 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I wish you luck :) it can be hard to monitor food intake when living a busy life. Feel free to add!
  • dhmassage
    Options
    I'm down. :-) I need motivation and need to lose a 110- 120 lbs
  • Cukkie13
    Cukkie13 Posts: 22
    Options
    Thanks! Hoping we can all succeed in our weight loss. Good luck. ????
  • Cukkie13
    Options
    You can do it!!!
  • mumof5
    mumof5 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    its really hard juggling work/kids/life but it is doable. You have to decide whats important to you and focus on that. Be a good role model for your kids and plan your meals ahead - they need to eat a healthy well balanced diet just as much as you do. Make it a habit now and it will be their habit for life. i am 41, work part time, married to a farmer so he's not home much and a mother to 5 beautiful children. You've taken the first step (clapping) now keep moving forward and don't look back - your not going that way! ;)
  • Cukkie13
    Options
    Thank you so much for the wonderful advice. You're an inspiration!! Congrats on your success and keep up the good work!!
  • haleymiller0707
    haleymiller0707 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 43 and work full time and a Mom to teenagers. I do understand the struggles of planning and cooking meals for a family. I log every day and love the support on here. Feel free to add me.
  • srmchan
    srmchan Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    That's easy... delegate the meal planning to the dad. :-)

Seriously, I'm a 40-something dad with a full time job - and I do the majority of cooking in my house. Decided I wanted to cook as a hobby late last year and it took off from there. Started with pan searing recipes - primarily veggies, beef, pork and chicken - then moved on to custards, crème brûlées and soufflés. My current focus is learning to slow cook beef and pork in a smoker, and then I'll probably get into seafood.

If it doesn't sound healthy - it's all relative. Better than eating out and certainly better than junk food or prepared foods in my opinion. I was very successful with low-carb about 10 years ago. I started back on a low-carb(ish) diet about 10 days ago and log everything. Hasn't really changed my cooking habits except somethings are now forbidden or eaten in extreme moderation. For instance, I made smoked baby back ribs last weekend. I found a BBQ sauce that was lower in sugar content than most, carefully measured out 2 tbsp worth and painted that on one of the rib racks. I ate half the rack for dinner, ergo I only needed to log 1 tbsp of the sauce which wasn't too bad.

I plan meals every weekend, order groceries online (except some meats which I buy at the butcher or Costco) to avoid impulse buying, and I maximize left-overs to stretch out the food budget and minimize the cooking time during the work week. I've started adapting some of my favorite recipes to be more diet friendly and am recording them here.

Anyways... I'm always looking for new ideas. Happy to share what I cook and would love to see the some from others. FR sent.

Sam
  • Cukkie13
    Options
    Thanks for the great advice!!