Its soooo worth it!!!!

Options
I can't even begin to tell you just how much it IS worth it. But to me it isn't about being skinny, it's about being fit and being in the best damn shape of my life!!! People who gain the weight back and say they are happier are just making excuses to be fat again. I can say this because I weighed 281 lbs at my heaviest. I know what that's like and wouldn't wish that on anyone. I went from not even being able to barely walk down the driveway to my mailbox, to doing 2 a day workouts running 2.5-6 miles and lifting heavy at the gym, box jumps and all! Anything is possible when you stop making excuses.

Replies

• sugarstrawberries
    sugarstrawberries Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Okay that's great for YOU but you need to think about what other people might want to do with their own lives. Some people DO WANT to be fat and that is perfectly okay.
  • meggyshae
    meggyshae Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I can say it because I've lived it. I know what's it's like to be morbidly obese. Everyone deserves to feel good enough and love themselves enough to be happy and healthy.
  • sugarstrawberries
    Options
    I know what it's like to be morbidly obese too. I feel good enough and I love myself. So...thanks for disregarding other peoples' feelings on this.
  • Captain_Wobbles
    Captain_Wobbles Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I agree,being comfortable in your own skin is perfectly okay, however accepting being overweight especially for the obese is a recipe for disaster. while these things can effect anybody,being at a higher risk for Type 2 diabetes, heart problems, and even sleep apnea is not fun to live. I know first hand how these things can sneak up on you and had i payed any attention to what i was putting into my body before complications started I would have saved a butt load of cash on prescription drugs that my doctors were telling me i NEEDED to help reverse years of damage. I can't speak for everybody,but even though i was happy with who i was I am MUCH MUCH MUCH happier with where i'm going.
  • meggyshae
    Options
    I'm not doing that at all... Don't have time to argue with people. You took this all wrong. Have a great night.
  • meggyshae
    Options
    I agree,being comfortable in your own skin is perfectly okay, however accepting being overweight especially for the obese is a recipe for disaster. while these things can effect anybody,being at a higher risk for Type 2 diabetes, heart problems, and even sleep apnea is not fun to live. I know first hand how these things can sneak up on you and had i payed any attention to what i was putting into my body before complications started I would have saved a butt load of cash on prescription drugs that my doctors were telling me i NEEDED to help reverse years of damage. I can't speak for everybody,but even though i was happy with who i was I am MUCH MUCH MUCH happier with where i'm going.

Amen!!!! Very well said!!! That's all I'm trying to say. Diabetes, cancer, and heart disease runs rampid in my family and yes I believe everyone should love themselves just the way they are, but they should also want the best for themselves and not settle for anything else! We all deserve to live happy, healthy lives! Period.
  • kayla_who
    kayla_who Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Each to his own...I tend to agree with OP though

opinion_zps7734b7ea.jpg
  • sugarstrawberries
    Options
    People who gain the weight back and say they are happier are just making excuses to be fat again. I can say this because I weighed 281 lbs at my heaviest.

I was responding to this part. I don't know how that could have been taken wrong. You're saying, "I'm a former fatty so it's perfectly okay for me to bash fat people who don't have a desire to attain my level of fitness," and that is fvcked up. It's not worth being skinny if you become a huge d!ck to fat people who have no desire to not be fat.
  • nelinelineli
    nelinelineli Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    People who gain the weight back and say they are happier are just making excuses to be fat again. I can say this because I weighed 281 lbs at my heaviest.

I was responding to this part. I don't know how that could have been taken wrong. You're saying, "I'm a former fatty so it's perfectly okay for me to bash fat people who don't have a desire to attain my level of fitness," and that is fvcked up. It's not worth being skinny if you become a huge d!ck to fat people who have no desire to not be fat.

^That
  • tahneesummers88
    tahneesummers88 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Yeah I have to say the reason I gained my weight back twice wasn't because I was making excuses to be fat again.. what the? lol
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    I can't even begin to tell you just how much it IS worth it. But to me it isn't about being skinny, it's about being fit and being in the best damn shape of my life!!! People who gain the weight back and say they are happier are just making excuses to be fat again. I can say this because I weighed 281 lbs at my heaviest. I know what that's like and wouldn't wish that on anyone. I went from not even being able to barely walk down the driveway to my mailbox, to doing 2 a day workouts running 2.5-6 miles and lifting heavy at the gym, box jumps and all! Anything is possible when you stop making excuses.

Are you one of those pesky celebrities intent on self-congratulation?