Frustrated Help!

Options
Hi I am 33 5' 6" and current weight 156 I am down from 174 in January. I am frustrated because since I started running five weeks ago I have completely stalled in my weight loss. Im running on average 20 km a week and doing kickboxing three times a week. I do generally eat back most to all of my exercise calories cuz I thought i was supposed to. I made my diary public so maybe someone has some ideas I know the last few days have not been logged to the best its because Im getting so frustrated I just want to give up!

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    No matter how you work them out (even by HRM) your exercise calories are an estimate so I'd guess that you're eating too many back. Try cutting the amount you eat back down by a third. There is nothing obvious in your diary that's ringing alarm bells to me
  • xWendyJonesx
    xWendyJonesx Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I can understand how frustrated you feel, I've been there, I've only lost 2lb this year, but I've dropped a dress size.
    Have you taken your measurements recently, are you toning up instead of loosing weight?
  • karicassidy
    Options
    I have taken measurements and I have lost an inch on my hips but thats it no where else
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Absence from any medical conditions, you aren't meeting a calorie deficiency. Here is a good place to start. It is well worth the investment to read it:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Don't forget your water.
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    My guess is over estimating your calorie burn from running, maybe try to drop your excercise calories by a few hundred and see if that helps?