Work out DVDs

Options
About 5 years ago I lost about 30-40lbs by using work out tapes. I use to watch Denise Austin, I think aerobics for beginners? I am wanting to get back into shape but have found it difficult to find good work out dvds that will keep me motivated. Does anyone have any suggestions on some good work out dvds to use?

Replies

• Amber030583
    Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam really helped me get back to working out. Now I am doing ChaLEAN Extreme and Zumba for the Wii.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I second Turbo Jam and anything by Chalene Johnson. I have done many of her Turbo Jam videos, recently completed ChaLean Extreme, and am about to start Turbo Fire. LOVE IT! It's cardio kickboxing set to awesome/upbeat music!
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Jillian Michaels Dvd's! Start with the 30 day shread, its only 20 minutes a day but it really does get results! I've just moved on to No more trouble zones and burn fat boost metabolism and they are really kicking my butt.
  • ababygrace
    Options
    I haven't worked out to a dvd in forever because they seemed so boring but when I went to Walmart, I seen tons of them that looked fun and interesting. There were many just on dancing and biggest loser related so I think I will try them again.
  • sadenniston
    sadenniston Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I love the Biggest Loser and Jillian Michaels DVD!!! LOVE them!!!
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    anything Jillian Michaels. I have four of her DVD's and they run about $9-$10 dollars each. She kicks your butt!
  • velvetechos
    Options
    I stream workout dvds to my tv via netflix on the Wii....that way I've got a huge selection on tap that I don't have to buy ;-) I've really enjoyed Keli Roberts and Ellen Barrett.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    A++++ to the Turbo Jam lovers! Its been almost 4 years for me and I still do it 5-7 days a week.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Sorry, duplicate
  • asallen7
    asallen7 Posts: 301
    Options
    Turbo Jam, Jillian Michaels Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, Amy Bento (www.collagevideo.com). These all do it for me.
  • shellgib
    shellgib Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    i agree w/ kate1500 ....Jillian Michaels DVD's are great and easy to stay motivated with. I also started with the 30 day shred which was easy to do b/c it was short but it really works. and now i have about 4 of hers and alternate them to keep it interesting and keep your body guessing. these are the first workout DVD's that I've really stayed motivated with. If you have netflix you can try them, but they are only about $9 at walmart/target/kmart/etc
  • daksd
    daksd Posts: 2
    Options
    Love Jillian Michaels, Gilad total body sculpt, and Turbo Jam DVDs. They keep the boredom away!
  • kimi233
    kimi233 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I agree, I loved Turbo Jam... and now I moved on to Turbo Fire, which is just more intense than Turbo Jam!!
  • MMarcordes
    MMarcordes Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I like the Biggest Loser DVDs - specifically Boot Camp. It's all Bob Harper, and they start in levels - so the first level is only 25 minutes long. And you don't get discouraged - it's do-able.
  • Kate_2011
    Options
    Thank you all sooo much! :) I have netflix so I will defiantly try that!!
  • Kate_2011
    Options
    turbo jams sounds like a good motivator :) I have jillian michaels 30-day shred but that was hard for me to stick with. It is a great work out but Jillian kind of scares me :/
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I recommend checking out www.collagevideo.com and just browsing. A lot of the videos for sale there have video clips you can look at to see if you like the workout or not. You'll probably find a lot of Denise Austin on there that are newer then what you use to do, so if you liked her in the past, you can get some updated workouts from her.

Another option is to go to www.exercisetv.tv to check some out. They also have free full length videos on their site that you can do. Here is the link to the list of them: http://www.exercisetv.tv/workout-videos/all/?videotype=free-full-length

My favorite instructors for beginners, or people who are just starting back to a workout program, are Gilad, Leslie Sansone, Jennifer Galardi, and Kendell Hogan. There are others out there who can instruct, but these 4 seem to instruct in a way that makes it seem like the workout is easier then it actually is so people are less likely to stop.
  • ElaineDianne70
    ElaineDianne70 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I have done Jillian Michaels too and I did enjoy them, but my real love is anything Beachbody. I have done P90X, Insanity, Brazil Butt Lift and am doing ChaLean Extreme and TurboFire now. What I love is the SCHEDULE and the MEAL PLANS. They are complete systems.

Anyway, here's a link to all the different programs:
    http://images.beachbody.com/tbb/tbbredesign/comparison_chart/chart_slider.htm

Good luck!
  • Kanakake
    Kanakake Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone is awesome, I have 2 of her DVD's. I do have the 30 day shred and quit after 15 days but then I started doing Biggest Loser Last chance workouts and loved that one, then this week I went back to the 30 day shred and realized that even though it had been 2 months since I had done it, it was a lot easier for me this time around. I am starting Turbo Fire next week so I will let you know how that goes.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,723 Member
    Options
    I really love my Slim Series workouts. It's the follow-up program to Slim in 6, but it's so much more enjoyable than the original SI6. It's nice to have both, but they cost the same, and if I was going to get only one, it would definitely be Slim Series. There are six different DVDs. Four of the workouts are about an hour long, and two are about 80 minutes. I love the variety, and I love the results. It's marketed as an advanced program, but I think a beginner could use it and modify the moves as necessary until becoming more proficient.