help :( i binged!!! 1707 cal down the drain

Options

Replies

• Frood42
    Frood42 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    You ate 1707 TOTAL. That won't even be over your maintenance calories. It's not a binge, it isn't a fail, it's many many people's calorie goal. Dust yourself off, forget it happened.

ETA: Looking at your diary, you try and eat 600 cals a day. That is bad, dangerous and silly. I see you're a nursing student. How are you going to help a sick patient move, sit up etc if you have wasted away from starving yourself?

You are in eating disorder territory. Please seek some help.

+1

1707 calories in a day is not a binge (for some its just one meal).
    :noway:

• Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I am in no way trying to be rude at you because of your eating disorder because that's something I strongly reproach, but if you actually suffer from what you're openly talking about in your profile description, then you probably already know what you're going to do after a binge.

You've received lots of accurate advices - eat more, don't quit now, stuff like that - but in the end you've got to decide whether or not you should follow them. I don't really think you're eating under 600 kcals for accident so it's up to you whether you should keep on eating that amount or increase your calories and lose weight the healthy way instead.

As much as we can be open towards people with eating disorder, there's not much we can do apart from spreading knowledge and healthy advices.
  • NurseEllie92
    Options
    The real reason I posted this is because I know the damage I am doing to my body and I hate it. I want to be able to stop. I wanted to hear what a healthy persons' reaction to a binge that size would be. I honestly really do not want to live like this anymore. I want to change but everywhere I go to ask for help does not take me seriously because of my size.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    You need to speak to a professional, not a forum, hon. What you consider a binge, I consider a days food and still losing a kilo a week.

You want to be the best nurse you can be, right? So you want to make sick people healthy? You can't do that if you aren't healthy yourself. Please get some professional help. If one doesn't take you seriously, approach another. Print out your food diary from here and take it with you. But please seek help.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    The real reason I posted this is because I know the damage I am doing to my body and I hate it. I want to be able to stop. I wanted to hear what a healthy persons' reaction to a binge that size would be. I honestly really do not want to live like this anymore. I want to change but everywhere I go to ask for help does not take me seriously because of my size.

Um...I eat 1700 calories every single day. Have been for well over a year and lost 35 lbs. You seriously need to go see a professional.

Just as Alatariel says...if you want to be the best nurse you can be, then you need to take care of yourself first.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

eating 1700 cals in a day is NOT a binge... its eating at a small deficit for most people...

have you spoken to a doctor? i doubt very much that they would turn you away. if you dont feel somfortable goign on your own, speak to a parent or older friend wo coudl go with you.
  • NurseEllie92
    Options

eating 1700 cals in a day is NOT a binge... its eating at a small deficit for most people...

have you spoken to a doctor? i doubt very much that they would turn you away. if you dont feel somfortable goign on your own, speak to a parent or older friend wo coudl go with you.

I count something as a binge when I am not hungry and yet eating when I feel out of control.

I have spoken to 2 different GP's whom only sent me to do blood tests, none asked the root of the problem or offered to help. I have got my name down for an ED program but the waiting list is a long wait and I need help now ):
  • TavistockToad
    Options

I count something as a binge when I am not hungry and yet eating when I feel out of control.

I have spoken to 2 different GP's whom only sent me to do blood tests, none asked the root of the problem or offered to help. I have got my name down for an ED program but the waiting list is a long wait and I need help now ):

i understand why you call it a binge, but to a person with normal eating habits, it's not, and you said you wanted normal peoples reactions...

if you need the help now, go back to the doctor who referred you and tell them that.
  • NurseEllie92
    Options

i understand why you call it a binge, but to a person with normal eating habits, it's not, and you said you wanted normal peoples reactions...

if you need the help now, go back to the doctor who referred you and tell them that.

It wasn't a doctor who referred me but my psychologist...
  • TavistockToad
    Options

.... then go back to your psychologist...
  • NurseEllie92
    Options

I see her every week?
  • TavistockToad
    Options

I see her every week?

so tell her how you feel...
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    Have you shown her your diary? Show her this thread? Really opened up about what you are doing?
  • NurseEllie92
    Options
    Have you shown her your diary? Show her this thread? Really opened up about what you are doing?

No, no and kind of...
  • StephanieBertels
    Options
    Deal with it. It's not the end of the world.
  • Alatariel75
    Options

No, no and no...

Then I think you have a first step right there, hey? If you can't work out how to just tell her, print this thread out. Print out your diary and your profile. Let her read it then let her start the dialogue. She will understand that you find it hard to talk about and is trained to open that dialogue.
  • karenrich77
    karenrich77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm to be honest sweetie, after looking at your diary, you need to talk to someone about your eating disorder, what you are eating is not enough for anyone to live a good happy life.

You will need all your energy to be a great nurse but you WILL NOT be able to do it on that few calories.

The days I looked at were around 600 calories and you exercised.

That is not good for anyone.

Maybe talk to your GP or a Nutritionist

All the best xx
  • WVmom24
    WVmom24 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Well we can't quite uneat our calories. Today is a new day, girl. One binge isn't going to make or break you.

Edited after reading comments in this thread: Good luck sweetie. Talk to your psychiatrist and do your best to eat regularly and healthily!
  • crystalrp
    crystalrp Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Don't use it as an excuse to quit! We have all been there. It is one day, not a week, not a month, just ONE DAY. It is a speck of sand in the big picture. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, keep on keeping on.
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options

A healthy person wouldn't consider that a binge so they wouldn't react at all.