I need to lose 40 pounds, WELP T___T

Options
I GOT really fat. 5'5 and 140 pounds. I use to be 97lbs after bulimia. I want to get back down to that weight again healthy this time.

Replies

• Serva_Me_Servabo_Te
    Options
    I need to lose 40lbs in the next 3 months.
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    If you truly think that you're fat at your height (which you are not, and it's offensive as you're calling everyone else who is 140 at 5'5 fat) and want to get under 100 pounds, you need to seek professional help for your eating disorder.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    1. You are not even overweight. At all.
    2. Why would you want to get back a weight you only managed to obtain with an eating disorder?
    3. It is extremely unhealthy to try to lose that amount of weight in that amount of time.
    4. Please seek help.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    96 lbs is not a good healthy weight for your height...and doing it in 3 months is a recipe for disaster.

You need to seek out a professional for help.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    You're not over your ED. Your idea that you are "fat" at 140, the idea you NEED to lose 40lbs, and that you need to do it in 3 months, are all symptomatic. Nothing you're suggesting is healthy.
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    OP: as others have said - please seek help. You're not over your eating disorder at all and these thoughts are dangerous.

My thoughts are with you.
  • StArBeLLa87
    StArBeLLa87 Posts: 1,582 Member
    Options
    Wow if she thinks she is fat she must be insane I'm 138 and people say I'm skinny I'm 5"5 as well and if I got any smaller I'd look anorexic but FYI I'm large frame hour glass figure. My mom is 5"7 and 115 and looks like a skeleton with skin.so quit being silly girl your fine justice way you are, I'm thinking your a possible attention seeker/ attention hog. No offense but all said and done I wish you the best.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    OP, you are definitely not over your ED. I would advise seeking some professional help.

It's not about how much you weigh.. its about your body composition. If you want to be lean, its about having adequate muscle mass and low body fat... not about starving yourself because you have a skewed perception of healthy. Just look at the below story. Staci gained 20 lbs of muscle. While the second round is a bit extreme, it demonstrate the point. But getting your ED under control is the best thing you can do before even tracking calories.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Please seek help. You are still not in a healthy place.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    I find posts like this very sad. I do hope OP you seek professional help
  • Erinelda
    Erinelda Posts: 96
    Options
    I am 5'7" 190lbs. Geraldo has to cut out a wall and pull me out of my house with a fork lift once a week so I can go to the supermarket.. apparently lol.
  • Rawry1981
    Rawry1981 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I find this post be complete crap. This chick seems like an internet troll to me. If not.. seek help. :)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" 190lbs. Geraldo has to cut out a wall and pull me out of my house with a fork lift once a week so I can go to the supermarket.. apparently lol.

Dude, motorised baby whale slings are the go!
  • NataBost
    NataBost Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    OP, you are definitely not over your ED. I would advise seeking some professional help.

It's not about how much you weigh.. its about your body composition. If you want to be lean, its about having adequate muscle mass and low body fat... not about starving yourself because you have a skewed perception of healthy. Just look at the below story. Staci gained 20 lbs of muscle. While the second round is a bit extreme, it demonstrate the point. But getting your ED under control is the best thing you can do before even tracking calories.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

OP if you read ANYTHING in this thread, please read this post and the article and seek professional help.