Hey I'm new :) first day today!

Options
:smile: Hey, I'm Emily, I'm 29 and starting my first day on this app and website. I'm quite excited, it looks really good and useful! Brief background is that I've always been a bit of an obsessive with my weight and body issues, and in June 2013 I was diagnosed with Body Dysmorphia and I've been working pretty much every day to stop all the obsessive routines I had and to emotionally let go of issues. I've done fundraisers where I did a nude photoshoot raising money for Mind (the mental health charity). Right now, I've noticed that I've put on a bit of weight, but instead of doing my usual BDD reaction of "must just stop eating for weeks and weeks" or the other eating issues I used to have, I want to monitor and introduce a healthier variety of food and more exercise into my life. I'm hoping that by using this website and the structure that I will not be as tempted to slip back into the familiar environment of all the bad habits I have gnawing away at me!

Looking forward to making some friends on here, especially if there are people here who are not a fan of sauces and nuts who have some dietary tips because everything I've come across includes either a sauce, or it has nuts in, and I can't eat them!

Replies

• mikka050
    mikka050 Posts: 34
    Options
    Hello Emily and welcome!

Love what you did for Mind and well done on your progress with BDD. I don't eat nuts or sauce either :)

Feel free to add me if you'd like.

Rachael
  • emzolv
    emzolv Posts: 6
    Options
    Yes! that sounds awesome :) thank you for the welcome and I look forward to sharing recipes! x
  • povic1705
    povic1705 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi, Emily!

Welcome to the healhy life.

PS Im sorry for my English, im from Russia. 
    I would be glad to communicate in English
  • djsmom6873
    Options
    Good Morning from Mississippi :)
    hey Emily is that a bears jersey in that picture ?
  • emzolv
    Options
    Thanks povic1705 it's nice to meet you too :smile:

And hello from London, UK djsmom6873! It is indeed a Bears jersey. I'm a bit of a fan :laugh: It was the first game I ever saw were them v Bucs, and I got a hug from Staley and then that was it! It was quite a few years ago now, but we're getting more NFL over here as we go :smile:
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    So, which Rugby League team do you support?
  • emzolv
    Options
    I don't really watch rugby that much, I've only really watched one or two years worth when visiting friends in Wales :smile:
  • billhilly1968
    billhilly1968 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hello! Welcome!
  • elusive_design
    elusive_design Posts: 1,095 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, and hello fellow Bears fan!
  • emzolv
    Options
    Thank you fancysara and elusive_design :smile: I definitely feel welcomed!!
  • mummma
    mummma Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    hello from essex :) you have done great so far! good luck on your journey xx
  • suzmedder
    suzmedder Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    Will send a friend request shortly, like your story very inspirational.
    I am trying to stay away from sauces and cook and eat more cleanly but my cooking confidence is not great but getting better!
    Any tips on recipes and cooking will be gratefully received!

Good Luck with the healthy eating too :):happy:
  • emzolv
    Options
    Thanks mummma :smile: I have friends in Essex, so you're not that far (I realise Essex is massive, but you know!)

And thanks suzmedder, I have mostly been trying to do grilled fish (with a low fatty oil) and with greens, but after a while it gets a bit dull. I always end up resorting to boring food habits and foods I prefer - such as a cheeseburgers and other bad foods!
  • beccii92
    beccii92 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey it's my first day as well today :)
    I'm from wales, 21.
    I'm trying to increase my fitness and maybe loose 5 to 10lbs.

I've had some issues with my body and food after loosing 30lbs but i've been trying to get a healthy attitude towards diet and fitness before I came back on here.

Look forward to supporting each other.

Becky.
  • mummma
    mummma Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    yeh im pretty close to london. just outside east london. Chigwell
  • Jarahal
    Jarahal Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    MFP is an awesome tool and community! Welcome and happy travels. :)