fitbit and sync?

Options
Im a little confused, which isn't surprising at my age combined with electronics:tongue: but I wear a fitbit daily and love it, but I see that there is a fitbit adjustment on my calorie count because I have synced my device. But my confusion comes from, do I also log when I do my exercise? Or does my calorie burn adjust automatically? It seems when I also log in my exercise, I get even more calories to use..I'm 55 and daily do either Rockin body or Leslie Sansones walk (usually 3 miles with exercise band thanks to limited jumping because of a current bout of plantar faciitis :sad: )...I also 'set' my fitbit when my exercise stops or starts...

Replies

• LoveSarahh
    LoveSarahh Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    When you first connect the fitbit app to the fitness pal app it will tell you that you should log all food and exercise through the mfp app. The info will automatically be added to your fitbit app.
  • Eoghann
    Eoghann Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    The synchronization between Fitbit and MFP goes both ways. When you log your exercise on here, Fitbit carves out that time on it's log and replaces it with the calorie estimates from here.

The most likely reason you're seeing further calories is because the sort of exercise you would log here is beyond the basic walking that Fitbit is calculating calories for.