New year's Alcohol

Options
Hey everyone!

So it's New Year's Eve tomorrow and everyone will be drinking. Does anyone know of some low calorie drinks (alcoholic) that I could drink and how many calories are in them? I won't be able to not drink anything so am trying to think of the healthier options.

Thanks in advance!

Sophia

Replies

• MMarcordes
    MMarcordes Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I say - It's one night, and alcohol is alcohol - there are no healthy choices. Enjoy it for the night and make sure you get a good workout in during the day.
  • timeworncougar
    Options
    Vodka in Crystal light tea is good or mixed with anything crystal light. Five calories for the Crystal light and very little for the Vodka.
  • kiuney
    kiuney Posts: 68
    Options
    Couple of options for you...

Diet soda and rum
    Soda water and flavored vodka
    Diet tonic, spirit of your choice, and a splash of juice

Or... you could just drink straight booze on the rocks. :)
  • vkpmusic
    vkpmusic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    IF you like beer....Bud Light Select 55.

Mixed drinks...I don't know how it would taste but crown and DIET coke? LOL!

My advice, eat really well all day...drink LOTS of water.
    Drink what you want in moderation and log it.

Be REALLY good the next day with lots more water and enjoy New Year's Eve.

if you're curious, a lot of drinks are already in the database...you could look up few of your favorites.

Happy New Year!
  • sophia_uk
    sophia_uk Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Is there a way of looking them up without adding them to your food diary for the day?
  • tarapin
    tarapin Posts: 169
    Options
    I love good beer so it's a rough on on cals but when I'm watching, I'll drink flavored vodka with seltzer and a lemon or lime squeezed in and depending on the vodka it runs between 64-78 cals per drink. Light beer is about 100 and then an average glass of wine(red being better for you) is about 120 cals per 5 oz glass.

Good luck and Happy New Years! :drinker:

You can look them up and hit the nutritional info before adding them or add them and delete them after you get what you want!
  • CarterGrt
    CarterGrt Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    As a general rule, your clear liquors are lower calorie than other stuff. But, you know, there is only so much vodka you can drink without having other problems. Vodka and Fresca or Diet sodas will probably be your best bet. Gin is also not bad, but harder to mix.

Good Luck and Be Safe!!! Better to drink a few beers and make it home safe than to drink too many low-cal vodkas and get into trouble.

--Carter
  • sophia_uk
    Options
    Thanks for all your answers :) Hope everyone has an awesome New Years!
  • SkinnyWin
    Options
    Try freezing wine in an ice cube tray and then add the cubes to a seltzer! Delish, low cal, and you def get a nice buzz!
  • Foxyroxy14
    Options
    crown and pepsii 1 or diet coke w/ splenda are great. I drank Margarita's for Cristmas, bad idea.
  • EQHanks
    EQHanks Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    what about skinny girl margarita mix? I haven't tried it but it is supposed to be pretty good
  • EQHanks
    EQHanks Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    what about skinny girl margarita mix? I haven't tried it but it is supposed to be pretty good
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Check this link:

http://www.calorieking.com/foods/search.php?showresults=yes&filte...&keywords=liquor&partner

That way you can compare for yourself the kinds of liquor you like and see whats your best option.
  • stampede55
    Options
    To those that have suggested Crown.....cheers and amen!
  • psychicreader80
    Options
    Bloddy Mary's are super low calorie as well as Mojito's. Google low calorie alcohol drinks and those will come up with the calorie counts.
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I'm personally a wine person, which is 90 to 100 cals a drink. But like others have said, some great options are diet coke mixed with your booze of choice. ( Watch out, Captain Morgan will knock you on your behind after a few!) If you are a heavy drinker, I imagine "on the rocks" is a decent choice. Normally if I have a mixed drink, I can only handle one, because a lot of them are very sweet, and potent! SO, I say just enjoy your night, unless your goal is to stay on track with your calories! Again, I'm not much a drinker and don't do it often, so it's easy for me to say that!
  • marniehodges
    Options
    I say work out hard core earlier in the day and give yourself calories to burn! That's what I'm going to do! Cheers :drinker: and have a fun and safe night!
  • Jessibear2854
    Jessibear2854 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Crown and Diet Coke with a lime wedge has always been my favorite! Not sure how many calories are in it though.
  • sophia_uk
    Options
    I have to admit, I don't know what Crown is? Is it an American thing? It's been mentioned quite a lot but I have never seen it......
  • JollyMolly72
    JollyMolly72 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Crown Royal, I think it's a whiskey.
    www.crownroyal.com