Hey there! Dukan Diet & Motivation!

Options
So after trying this last year (I only managed 3 days, but lost 5lbs!) I'm back on the diet bandwagon!
I'm following the Dukan diet and am on day 2 of my 5 day attack phase!
I lack motivation and know there are others that feel the same so, any other Dukanians about?

Replies

• lookpretty
    lookpretty Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about trying it, a customer of mine left me the book like a year ago and my boss found it this weekend and put it out for trash. I never read it but am taking it home tonite. It looks kind of hard to do though but essentially what I do when I'm trying not to over eat
  • Adriennrus
    Adriennrus Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just started Dukan yesterday, I love the concept although I will add my twist to it to make it a bit healthier!! I started a blog to inspire anyone if they are dreaming of the beachbody for this summer just like me!!!

http://sweatluv.wordpress.com/
  • ntyvadb
    ntyvadb Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi I started the dukan diet on monday so in day 3 of attack phase and feel amazing. You can add me if you want too
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    So, after only lasting 3 days the last time, you somehow think this is still a good idea?

I prefer the eat at a deficit, and move a little more diet.
  • mimimilka
    Options
    It's my third month on the Dukat Diet. If you're interested, here are some very important tips that I came up with :

1) Protein is a key. There are plenty of foods besides the lean protein that are allowed, but always remember it's eating the proteins that makes you lose. However, nonfat yogurt is a god send.

2) Don't exclude the exercise. Move whenever you can. You fat cells are going to transform into the muscles, so moving your body will make your muscle work :D.

3) Water. Water! Water! Water! As much as you can you drink :).

4) Don't think of it as a diet. Say, it's a medical recommendation (and oh boy, it is) to speed up your metabolism. Follow the steps like you'd follow your doctor's prescription.

5) Don't get disappointed over low numbers. Be patient. You won't believe how slow my weight was coming off at first, but it did catch up in the end.

Good luck!
  • LauraMRiley
    LauraMRiley Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I know this is kind of an old feed, but I am also doing the Dukan right now. I'm currently in the Cruise phase and am finding it more difficult than the Attack phase. Anyone else have that struggle?
  • spottedkathy
    spottedkathy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I started the attack phase today. Anyone doing this, feel free to add me. I don't think I will have a problem with it since I have done Atkins prior easily. I just platued and need something to shock the system. I hope this is it!
  • Palmetto0208
    Palmetto0208 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I did Dukan a few years ago with moderate success. Now I'm a SAHM with a 1-year old and need to lose the dang pregnancy weight already! So, I'm on Day 1 of pure protein. Looking for other Dukan-ers so add me if you'd like!
  • afhowe
    afhowe Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm on day 1 of the Cruise phase. Last night, we had my son's soccer banquet - pizza and cake... My 2 FAVORITE foods! But I resisted... My biggest struggle is finding snacks and foods I can throw in my bag that don't have to be refrigerated or take ages to prepare. Any ideas?
  • skrlec70
    skrlec70 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    ugh I did it, all I can say is buy some exlax, totally PLUGGED ,